MY baby

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well today I noticed my supposedly "mature" T.blondi with a huge black spot on her abdomen. It explains the not eating..

Anyways i'm thinking what's a good way to plump her up after a molt? I'm a bit squeamish about mice so I toss in a anole or since my father works at a expensive restaurant and he sometimes brings me filet mignon. My T blondi loves it ,low fat and high meat.
I just use it so she gets plumpy on me since its just part of an animal its not her complete diet :p.
Then I buy some hissers then feed those to her as a staple.

Hopefully the molt doesn't have problems the humidity as high as I can get it and around 86F.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob the thief
Well today I noticed my supposedly "mature" T.blondi with a huge black spot on her abdomen. It explains the not eating..

Anyways i'm thinking what's a good way to plump her up after a molt? I'm a bit squeamish about mice so I toss in a anole or since my father works at a expensive restaurant and he sometimes brings me filet mignon. My T blondi loves it ,low fat and high meat.
I just use it so she gets plumpy on me since its just part of an animal its not her complete diet :p.
Then I buy some hissers then feed those to her as a staple.

Hopefully the molt doesn't have problems the humidity as high as I can get it and around 86F.
Good Luck on the moult, one thing that is bad is the complications that T.blondi's go through do my best of wishes, and keep us updated!

James

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
being mature doesn't stop molting...

Once a female T is mature it still molts just not as often and they don't gain size once they're maxed out. That being said just keep the humidity up and you should be fine.

Phil

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: being mature doesn't stop molting...

Originally posted by Phillip
Once a female T is mature it still molts just not as often and they don't gain size once they're maxed out. That being said just keep the humidity up and you should be fine.

Phil

eh?
In all my time with these little guys thats the first time I hear that :?.

Lucifer

Arachnopeon
"so I toss in a anole or since my father works at a expensive restaurant and he sometimes brings me filet mignon."

I'll tell you what, I'll send you whatever feeder stuff you want, you send ME the filet mignon!

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lucifer
"so I toss in a anole or since my father works at a expensive restaurant and he sometimes brings me filet mignon."

I'll tell you what, I'll send you whatever feeder stuff you want, you send ME the filet mignon!
heh.

I get like a pair every week. Before I make some myself I cut some for my blondi :D

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really close now her exo just turned black.

worry worry worry.

its like having a baby