My baby H. arizonensis died.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It even molted to. :(

I was cleaning out it's enclosure and I found a molt that he left right before he died.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that 'snake eyes'. I lost one of my emps a while back, the first one so far, and it struck a chord in me, so I can sympathize with you.

Hope you feel better soon. :(

1/2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that, hope you don't give up. Best of luck with the next ones.

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My baby Giant did the same exact thing. It molted, but its right pincher was twisted around at a bad angle, presumably tearing its soft shell and bleeding to death during the night when i was powerless to help. Id try to find a dealer who sells adults.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awww :( sorry to hear that.. it sucks losing bugs.. well I hope you find a new one soon!

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where there crickets in the tank? If so, you've most likely found your culprit.

Sorry for your loss, (ps where did you find a juvenile from)?

Ed

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Where there crickets in the tank? If so, you've most likely found your culprit.

Sorry for your loss, (ps where did you find a juvenile from)?

Ed
Nope no crickets.

I purchased it from KUJordan about 3 months ago. I believe Botar has some 1" still for sale.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey no worries, its not uncommon for this to happen, arizonensis are notorious for not surviving molts...keep trying...

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
snake eyes,i remeber you posting a while back about getting another since your one before this one died,you knew how to take care of them,so its prolly not your fault.
this time try a different species?something that doesnt have a reputation for dying from molts,or go with an adault h. arizonensis.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How were you keeping it?
Small KK, sand, dry...low to mid 80's.

snake eyes,i remeber you posting a while back about getting another since your one before this one died,you knew how to take care of them,so its prolly not your fault.
this time try a different species?something that doesnt have a reputation for dying from molts,or go with an adault h. arizonensis.
The first arizonensis I had was an adult.

Next week I'll probably pick up a S. mesaensis to replace this one and keep an eye out (locally) for another H. arizonesis/spadix. As much as I would like to grow one out I'll probably just stick to buying adults from now on.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Small KK, sand, dry...low to mid 80's.

The first arizonensis I had was an adult.

Next week I'll probably pick up a S. mesaensis to replace this one and keep an eye out (locally) for another H. arizonesis/spadix. As much as I would like to grow one out I'll probably just stick to buying adults from now on.
Give your next one a false bottom set up and keep the enclosure around 50-60% humidity that got my H arisonensis trough it's molt.