My babies are growing up!

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I came home from work to find that one of my A. geniculata babies has molted! The other one is getting dark, and one of my B. smithis is darkening up pretty well, too! The little one that molted went from being teeny tiny to just being tiny, lol. These are my first molts, so I'm allowed to be giddy.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations. You get giddy all you want! BTW, you can still be giddy afterwards too. {D {D {D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you kidding half? I'm giddy every time one of my babies molt, and I've seen a few already. Be giddy all you want, it's all part of the hobby!
Grats on your molt, by the way! :clap:

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
now that its had a few more hours to stretch out and everything, I can see how much it grew. I swear it doubled in size! And I can start to see little stripeys on its legs!
I had put the exevium in a baggie to protect it, but then i misplaced the baggie, and it got moved around, and the exevium got crunched up. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the sibling molt, and save that one.
My B smithi is getting darker each day, I can't wait to see the transformation in this one. I just wish his sibling would do something, he's been sitting in his burrow at the bottom of his vial for over a month now, not eating, not doing much of anything. He's not even getting dark! Maybe he's a she, haha...

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the second one is molting right now! About an hour ago when I got home from work, it was sort of laying on its side. now i can see new white legs pulling out of the old exo. its awesome!

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It must be the season or something in the air... I have had over 10 molts in the last week or two and more on the way... My P. cancerides is molting right in front of me as I type this... Congrats on your molts.. I hope they all go well....

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks. i wish all mine would molt all at once. this is still only my second one, the B smithi seems to have gotten lighter since i last posted... he's still pretty dark, but doesn't look quite dark enough to molt yet... I'm actually surprised this one is molting now, this morning it didn't look like it wanted to molt yet.
Still, it would be nice if some of the others felt like growing up a bit. Of course, the sooner they grow up, the sooner I'll have to deal with rehousing 3 L parahybanas, and 2 A geniculatas... I'm sure the smithis will stay small for a while, lol.

jukahman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow makes me more excited with my a. genic's first molt.im still waiting though.hehehehe.i wonder how much bigger it will be, its about 1cm now.any idea?:confused:

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My sub adult A. genics usually gain an inch with a molt.. I just recently received some slings and they don't look to gain as much. One molted during shipment and it seems to be twice as big.. It was pretty tiny tho.. less than a half inch..

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How about some pics??? Oh, and for some reason that bunny just cracks me up. lol It's definitely having a bad hair day{D .

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How about some pics??? Oh, and for some reason that bunny just cracks me up. lol It's definitely having a bad hair day{D .
Pics may come this weekend, if I have time to drag my camera out.

As for the bunny, he's a lionhead. thats how he always looks.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the B smithi molted last night!

too bad my other smithi isn't doing anything. Still sitting at the bottom of the burrow, not changing colors, not eating, just existing. sigh.