My b. Smithi wont relax.

mgsmid

Arachnopeon
My b. Smithi (I think the name changed ) red knee won't stop climbing the walls. There's a water bowl it's was burie. I turn it over and fill it sometimes. The t dug out a home under the log. But I would like it to relax. No sperm webs sighted. it climbs the walls then falls on the dirt ): any ideas?

Attachments

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
What kind of substrate are you using? How damp is the substrate? If it's retaining moisture from the water bowl by wicking it away the substrate could be too moist for the spider's liking.

Danzog

Arachnosquire
I would increase substrate immediately to reduce injuries from falls. Has the T just recently been rehoused? I can't see the lid but I would say you should increase ventilation.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
I've always kept b.smithi on dry sub, unless it's a small sling. Should be fine to just have a water dish. I rarely overfill tbh. Yours looks like a juvie?... I'd certainly add more ventilation holes too like suggested. It could be climbing to find more air

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
My b. Smithi (I think the name changed ) red knee won't stop climbing the walls. There's a water bowl it's was burie. I turn it over and fill it sometimes. The t dug out a home under the log. But I would like it to relax. No sperm webs sighted. it climbs the walls then falls on the dirt ): any ideas?
are you sure its a mature male?aside from that you got good advice from the others

Table

Arachnosquire
Got any pics of the front of ur T? we could tell you if It was a mm or not. That sounds exactly like my behaviour to me.