My B. Hamorii sling digs a burrow after 3 weeks of getting it.

Fazer7386

Arachnopeon
I am new to the hobby and I got a Brachypelma Hamorii as my first Tarantula. So far it ate two roaches weekly and then all of a sudden it decided to dig a burrow and completely closed it with substrate. I have a small water dish full and it has damp substrate. I have added a roach on top of the burrow but I don't wanna open up its burrow to add a roach in it. Could it be that its in premolt? The roach was walking all around the enclosure and my T did not come out of its burrow. Should I be concerned about not feeding for a couple of weeks? So far I am keeping up with the water dish and the substrate.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
No, you don't have to worry. That's completely normal. I have a B. emilia sling that hasn't eaten in 6 months and is buried now for about half that time. Even as slings they can last for months, even up to a year, without eating as long as they looked plump and healthy before that time. Just be patient, keep the water dish full and the substrate slightly moist. And don't try to dig your sling up! Worst case scenario, you'll do that at the moment your sling is moulting which could be fatal.

Read this, it helps. ;)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Should I be concerned about not feeding for a couple of weeks?
No.

To echo what @Thekla has said, even slings can go months without food, I've had a 1.5" B. albiceps seal itself away and refuse food for over 5 months, and I currently have a 0.5" A. bicoloratum that hasn't eaten in 5 months.

Just leave it be other than to dampen sub/top up water.