my b albopilosum is drooling

goferris

Arachnopeon
Hi i am kinda new to arachnoboards and the whole t raising. i got this 3" b albo in an order from the reptist a couple weeks ago and it has been a lot of fun and very interesting.
anywho, enough about that. yesterday as i was showing my spider to my lil bro it was just resting on my hand and then all of a sudden it (for lack of better wording) "drooled" on me. it has happened before and i asked my friend known as gumby and he had no clue about it.:? he just thought that it was pee. anywho it happened again last night and this time i am sure that it came from it's fangs. afterward i put it back in it's container and just watched it and it kept on "drooling" about 3 or 4 large drops of venom. is this normal? now when it was on my hand it didn't bite me or anything just drool. i wish i had pics but i didn't think about it til this morning.
thanks for any help anyone can give me.
:?

goferris

Arachnopeon
right as i posted it i found links to other threads so. I also noticed that it was cleaning itself afterward so nothing to worry about. i also just changed it to a another cage so it might be a little stressed as well. if anything serious happens i will post it. thanks to anyone who might have replied:)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's not venom. It's T saliva. It's the same secreation they use to coat and clean their legs and feet with, if you havn't seen it do this yet, you will. It's common and it's nothing to worry about.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It does happen. My juvie G. aureo likes to hang on the side of its tank and drool down the wall. I've seen a couple of my bigger ones with drops of drool but then they use it for grooming.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh. I saw my A. Pallidum on the wall of my terrarium, and he "drooled"... I thought it was pee. {D

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that might be why... i had him in a 6" by 4" by 4" container for the night, until i got 10 gal... That's when he peed. :)