My avic is acting like funny in the head

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She went into hiding in november, and came out a month and a half or so ago. She had her web sealed for a few weeks during that period. I have since seen her eat one cricket, or rather, seen her take it into her web. She has only semi-come out of hiding though, since I see her virtually never, and she closes off the entrance to her web from time to time for a week or a few days. Can't tell if she's molted or not since her web is a year old and quite thick, and, she gives the word reclusive a new meaning. Perhaps the Zamifolia is scaring her?

Edit: She is an adult Avic avic.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
K, I won't let this thread die a watery death just yet so let me rephrase that;

Doesn't anyone have any experience of an adult avic that seals its web for a few days/weeks at a time, with interals of days/weeks?

The Zamifolia is a plant I put in her enclosure after the Philodendron that used to be in there grew too large from basking in the sunlight in a window. Which it did for various reasons.

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine has actually done this. She went in seclusion about 3 weeks ago. She hasn't eaten anything and I very seldom see her. I assumed mine was just getting ready to molt. But she is having the exact same behavior that you are talking about.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine stays in her web for like two to three weeks at a time. She just seals herself in and sits there as happy as can be.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can never stand T's that stay in their burrows days, weeks, or months at a time. I end up losing my patience and pulling them out. Thats why I see if a T is the active type, can't stand T's that are more lazy than I am, end up pulling my hair out. :(