My avic. avicularia

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I am a tarantula mama! I got this little love today. Isn't she beautiful? I saw her in the pet store and fell in love, so I went back to get her today. These pics aren't the best, but you get it.

20161220_161529.jpg

20161220_174400.jpg
Thanks @cold blood for all your help and for answering my questions about her.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
She was sold to me as an unsexed sling, so I definitely feel like I got a good deal on her for $20. I feel good about this!
that is no sling, looks like a juvi-subadult.
also, dont want to be a downer, but try to avoid supporting Pet smarts selling of tarantulas in the future. they give terrible care and are only in it for the money.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
that is no sling, looks like a juvi-subadult.
also, dont want to be a downer, but try to avoid supporting Pet smarts selling of tarantulas in the future. they give terrible care and are only in it for the money.
I completely 100% agree with you, however I was so drawn into them when I saw them. There was 6 of them. I visited 3 times before buying one. It was such an internal struggle for me. I tried so hard to just wait for my G pulchripes to arrive (we've been waiting for better weather). I totally support going through breeders or adopting animals. This is legit the 1st time I've bought an animal from a pet store. I felt like we needed eachother.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I completely 100% agree with you, however I was so drawn into them when I saw them. There was 6 of them. I visited 3 times before buying one. It was such an internal struggle for me. I tried so hard to just wait for my G pulchripes to arrive (we've been waiting for better weather). I totally support going through breeders or adopting animals. This is legit the 1st time I've bought an animal from a pet store. I felt like we needed eachother.
haha yeah, a female that size for 20 bucks, id probably buy one too. lol

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
That's great! Even better that you took the time to take advantage of the wealth of information on these forums too.
Definitely! I've encountered so many people willing to help me out. I'm very happy to have everyone on here to help me along the way. It's been amazing so far.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I need to rehome her but I'm waiting until tomorrow. She's a little feisty from the ride home. I'm calling her Shelob.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I offered her a cricket today and she went right for it. After she caught it, I swear she did a little happy dance because she turned around in a circle 2 times and let out some web. Then she ate her meal. It was adorable.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Nice Avic.! I really like mine. I would get it out of that terrible Petco container though and put it in something with better ventilation and a water dish.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I need to rehome her but I'm waiting until tomorrow. She's a little feisty from the ride home. I'm calling her Shelob.
A.avicularia can be feisty? :D
I don't keep A.avicularia, but my versicolor and metallica have never so much as lifted a leg in warning...