My Australian non-T primitives

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Dont know much about mygalmorphs, abrantis are chilled enough to be free handled? I just assumed because they are in the same order as atrax which is so angry it practically leaks venom that these would be too

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Dont know much about mygalmorphs, abrantis are chilled enough to be free handled? I just assumed because they are in the same order as atrax which is so angry it practically leaks venom that these would be too
Its often an individual thing but all of mine except 1 can be picked up. In fact, you can usually hold these things straight after wild capture. Atracids are excessive with aggression. The specimen above is an absolute sweetheart and ive never had even a threat posture from her. They lack the sensitive feet (with the exception of their pedipalps) that tarantulas have

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Its often an individual thing but all of mine except 1 can be picked up. In fact, you can usually hold these things straight after wild capture. Atracids are excessive with aggression. The specimen above is an absolute sweetheart and ive never had even a threat posture from her. They lack the sensitive feet (with the exception of their pedipalps) that tarantulas have
So, good temperment, communal, amazing gold coloring and often out and visible. I see why you like them so much, where do i sign up!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
So, good temperment, communal, amazing gold coloring and often out and visible. I see why you like them so much, where do i sign up!
Take your pic i got 3 species of slings and 2 of the colonies are at selling size. Communals have a bit of a trick to them but im going to make a thread on it this week as theres a bit of an art to pulling it off

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
What species and whats your pricing?
Probably will have to wait for a couple weeks as i just got my first rental approved and am flying the coop soon.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
H.Formidabilis and Arbanitis sp. Tambourine 2 after she hardened. Much higher gold than when i caught her
20200217_001816.jpg
20200218_060321.jpg

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Hey rez, someone is asking me what species this is but i am not nearly at the authority to judge mygalmorph species as you. What do you think it is? Also if my messages are getting too off topic i can report them and get a mod to come delete them.

Yes, they are from reddit, where i run an australian invert sub which if you ever use reddit id be happy to give you mod powers on.

Attachments

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Hey rez, someone is asking me what species this is but i am not nearly at the authority to judge mygalmorph species as you. What do you think it is? Also if my messages are getting too off topic i can report them and get a mod to come delete them.
Without a very specific location, almost to the locale, i can only tell what it isnt, and its certainly not Atrax. A Hadronyche sp. of some kind, im just gonna guess Cerberea, but without location or a microscope its virtually impossible to tell. Whatever she is, shes gorgeous

Last edited:

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Without a very specific location, almost to the locale, i can only tell what it isnt, and its certainly not Atrax. A Hadronyche sp. of some kind, im just gonna guess Cerberea, but without location or a microscope its virtually impossible to tell. Whatever she is, shes gorgeous
Ok he says its from south coast nsw and he thinks its H.versuta, thoughts?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
New addition, got a second A.Nambucca for breeding. Went up to my knees wearing jeans in a creek to get this one but it was worth every mud stain and mosquito bite 20200226_142730.jpg 20200226_125931.jpg

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
But you already have many atracids? How can you be getting your collections only one?
Atracidae is now independent from Hexathelidae and no longer a subfamily. Ive screwed myself over confusing the 2 in the past far too many times

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Atracidae is now independent from Hexathelidae and no longer a subfamily. Ive screwed myself over confusing the 2 in the past far too many times
Wait, wasnt hex abolished and split into 3? Does hexathelidae even still exist?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Wait, wasnt hex abolished and split into 3? Does hexathelidae even still exist?
Yea it still exists but as mentioned in 2018 it lost Atracidae, Porrhothelidae and Macrothelidae (pretty sure the latter 2 got moved to Dipluridae)