My Australian non-T primitives

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
"Ill try and get that sling update out before new years"

Pffftt what a joke, im just on that level of lazy right now lol.

But now the update is here! Typed out on an even buggier mobile keyboard and now with more spelling mistakes than ever before!

So lets rattle off the Arbanitis. Since announcing the sling info block ive had 2 new sacs laid and hatched, with a 3rd (i think) on the way within a few weeks. Arbanitis sp. Kempsey Black dropped me an absolutely huge, nearly golf ball sized eggsac. Of course since this sac was from a WC mother, half of them will be returned to the wild at the end of February, 25% will be kept for breeding colonies and the other 25% will likely be distributed to fellow hobbyists or sold in trios. As far as Arbanitis go, sp. Kempsey Black is a mid gold species with, as expected, extremely dark abdomen and leg colouration. The slings however have the characteristic banded abdomen. These ones are very intelligent, trying to communicate with me via web messages on side of their mother's enclosure. 20200120_164402.jpg
20200120_164520.jpg
20200120_164514.jpg

Very interesting indeed.

Next up, my largest and oldest sling colonies, Arbanitis sp. Gold. One of these colonies is over a year old and currently the average size is 5-8mm total length. Im closely studying the behavior of this colony, but ill share that another time. We are here for the pictures! Here's the 2 oldest colonies with their mini tubes
20191010_150030.jpg
20191128_213350.jpg
20191128_213741.jpg

Believe me, i have easily another 80 more slings from this species. This was my first ever breeding project, and an entire batch went to Minibeast wildlife as a future breeding colony. This is important as this particular species is now 100% functionally extinct. I hate to start getting all high and mighty, but saving this species is probably my favourite accomplishment of all time.

Last Arbanitis sling colony is Banded tube webs. Super sadly, their mother died of seemingly natural causes only a few weeks after they hatched. The sac yield was much smaller than anticipated, a few will go back to @Rhino1 and the rest will stay here as a breeding colony. But look how adorable their little tubes are!
20191231_103547.jpg
20191215_135903.jpg
20200130_054955.jpg

For whatever reason they prefer to build against the plastic instead of the provided rocks and sticks.

Seqocrypta Jakara are both growing well and building bigger lids.
20200131_214203.jpg

The 3 Stanwellia wishbones are also doing great. Each is at about 15mm DLS 20200108_123336.jpg
20200108_121522.jpg
20200107_220103.jpg

Idiosoma sp. sling from @Dave1969 is doing okay, dont see much action from it as it takes forever to catch food here it is during a recent rehouse.
20200108_093012.jpg

Hadronyche Levittgreggae sling is still as chubby as ever
20191208_204722.jpg

And finally for the slings (i think) is Arbanitis sp. Tambourine 2, the Drawbridge trapdoor sling. Doing great and eating well

20191209_172434.jpg

Apologies that this took so long, ive had an absolutely massive workload on my plate as of late, but glad i got around to it.

What should i do next? Species that i've kept in the past but not currently? It'd be nice to pay em tribute. Ive also got a project im working on which ill tease later tonight, as well as (hopefully) a youtube channel in the works ;)

Thanks for reading!

So as mentioned i have pretty big project i hope to unveil in thr next couple of weeks when some more supplies arrive. Its named Project "Crimstone V1", and these 2 pictures are the only hint im giving for now. It may not look like it, but they give away ALOT
20200123_122310.jpg
20200202_135044.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
only 1 image is loaded but that name sounds like a terraria reference..... are you making a crimson themed enclosure? maybe bioactive? what sort of rock is that and what is it sitting on?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
only 1 image is loaded but that name sounds like a terraria reference..... are you making a crimson themed enclosure? maybe bioactive? what sort of rock is that and what is it sitting on?
Rock appears to be rapidly cooled molten iron. Ive never ever found rocks so red they look nearly painted, plus with the veiny appearance. Since the second image didnt load for you i will tell you are basically correct. All i need now is millipede molts to complete it (yes, you read that correctly). But theres still a bit more to it. I have specifically chosen ahead of time what species will perfectly match the Crimtane theme ;)

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
i opened the image in a new tab, theory crafting time:

you have 4 and 17 grass and flower walls respectively, if you reverse that you get 17 and 4 the 17/04 so now if my excellent detective skills serve me correct i now have an unveiling date.

rod of regrowth, bioactive confirmed
architect tools, build project confirmed
wearing forbidden armor, the inhabitant of this project will be a desert species

you will use the millipede molts to create a crimera

4 dyes are shown

r e z o n a n t v o i d 12 letters

12 / 4 = 3

triangles have 3 sides

in conclusion, Rezonantvoid = illuminati

no need to applaud, my detective skills are world-renowned........

if you look at my profile pic I have finally chosen what it will be, my favorite tarantula species the humble green bottle blue
also ive read the post above, yeah it'd be cool if you make a yt channel, id love to see how you care for your tarantulas and mygalomorphs alike.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
i opened the image in a new tab, theory crafting time:

you have 4 and 17 grass and flower walls respectively, if you reverse that you get 17 and 4 the 17/04 so now if my excellent detective skills serve me correct i now have an unveiling date.

rod of regrowth, bioactive confirmed
architect tools, build project confirmed
wearing forbidden armor, the inhabitant of this project will be a desert species

you will use the millipede molts to create a crimera

4 dyes are shown

r e z o n a n t v o i d 12 letters

12 / 4 = 3

triangles have 3 sides

in conclusion, Rezonantvoid = illuminati

no need to applaud, my detective skills are world-renowned........
Forbidden Armour is in the Vanity slot lol

Incorrect on desert species, look at what else is in the screenshot

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Forbidden Armour is in the Vanity slot lol

Incorrect on desert species, look at what else is in the screenshot
I see a sun stone a deadly sphere and 2 strange plants. I also see a blood crawler and crimslime but thats too obvious.

Sun is bright gold is bright too, abrantis gold confirmed?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I see a sun stone a deadly sphere and 2 strange plants. I also see a blood crawler and crimslime but thats too obvious.

Sun is bright gold is bright too, abrantis gold confirmed?
I may or may not have a blood crawler of sorts ;) who knows?

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Once again my world renound detective skills and googling "red australian mygalmorph" has led me to think, nay BELIEVE you have a red mouse spider.
I dont need confirmation as my detective skills surely cant be wrong, right?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Once again my world renound detective skills and googling "red australian mygalmorph" has led me to think, nay BELIEVE you have a red mouse spider.
I dont need confirmation as my detective skills surely cant be wrong, right?
What would be the point of setting up for a red head if the males only live for a few months? You're getting closer though, but ill leave you guessing :p

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
How could i be so blind? I assumed because the title was non ts that you wont be making it for a t. I knew the answer all along. It is all so clear to me now. Your blood crawler is a phlogius rubiseta, is it not?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
How could i be so blind? I assumed because the title was non ts that you wont be making it for a t. I knew the answer all along. It is all so clear to me now. Your blood crawler is a phlogius rubiseta, is it not?
It wouldn't be in this thread then ;)

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
It wouldn't be in this thread then ;)
Welp,im stumped, you have succeeded in bamboozling me... for now....

HAHA! Your largest blunder was providing engaging and informational writing and great photos!

your blood crawler is a namea salinitri or similar wish-bone!

Or a Euplos Variabilis!

Last edited by a moderator:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Some new photos

Hadronyche Formidabilis (Northern Tree)
20200204_223334.jpg
20200204_223212.jpg

First full body photo of Euoplos Turrificus (Palisade)
20200128_220638.jpg

Arbanitis sp. Coramba (Golden Tube web)
20200128_214822.jpg

Arbanitis sp. Black (Bellingen Black trapdoor)
20200128_212752.jpg

Hadronyche Infensa (Darling Downs)
20200126_081251.jpg

Arbanitis sp. Tambourine 1 (Tamborine tube spider)
20200126_080524.jpg

Last edited:

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Hey rez i have some potentially good news, i emailed biosecurity and asked what specific risks tarantulas pose to our ecosystem and the response i got was that, "i can advise that a BIRA has not been conducted on these spiders so they are automatically banned until a BIRA is performed. After a BIRA is performed the risk will be evaluated and if found to be neglegeable exotic tarantulas may be allowed to be imported, however it is unknown when a BIRA will be conducted"

A bira is a biological risk assesment,
When they eventually conduct one we may yet be allowed those 8 legged rainbows....

If the bira goes through all good then id need to collect signatures as an expression of interest to import.

Last edited:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Hey rez i have some potentially good news, i emailed biosecurity and asked what specific risks tarantulas pose to our ecosystem and the response i got was that, "i can advise that a BIRA has not been conducted on these spiders so they are automatically banned until a BIRA is performed. After a BIRA is performed the risk will be evaluated and if found to be neglegeable exotic tarantulas may be allowed to be imported, however it is unknown when a BIRA will be conducted"

A bira is a biological risk assesment,
When they eventually conduct one we may yet be allowed those 8 legged rainbows....

If the bira goes through all good then id need to collect signatures as an expression of interest to import.
Now this... does put a smile on my face

Talk about bad timing i went to pull an eggsac from Arbanitis sp. Tamborine 1 only to nearly kill the poor thing. Blessing in disguise tho because i got heaps of mites off and this probably never before seen image. She's unharmed and back in her now pulled out burrow.
20200213_163841.jpg

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Now this... does put a smile on my face

Talk about bad timing i went to pull an eggsac from Arbanitis sp. Tamborine 1 only to nearly kill the poor thing. Blessing in disguise tho because i got heaps of mites off and this probably never before seen image. She's unharmed and back in her now pulled out burrow.
View attachment 333824

aww, she's cute. also how goes the abrantis slings?, they getting any larger?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
aww, she's cute. also how goes the abrantis slings?, they getting any larger?
Check back in 6 months time and ill let you know if they're in premolt yet :p these things grow like a glacier. It takes them nearly 2 years to reach 5th instar

Ftang5

Arachnopeon
Check back in 6 months time and ill let you know if they're in premolt yet :p these things grow like a glacier. It takes them nearly 2 years to reach 5th instar
do you see them out much,are they like scorpions where they have 7 instars then stop molting? also how goes project crimstone mk II