My Asian Forest Scorpion is missing. Lid still on enclosure

WrenchKing

Arachnopeon
My new Scorpion has gone missing. He was in his enclosure last night but not this morning and the lid is still on the enclosure

LadyShia77

Arachnobaron
My new Scorpion has gone missing. He was in his enclosure last night but not this morning and the lid is still on the enclosure
Have you checked under the substrate? If the lid is on and not where it can reach it to climb out, then it probably burrowed. My forest scorpion loves to burrow and it spooked me the first time he did it lol. I ended up taking the decor out and, very carefully, used feeding tongs to check and see where he was at the first time he burrowed and didn't come out for several days.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Missing, presumed fed. -Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Checking my watch.... give it two or three months then start panicking. It's sleepy time for those babies. Start of the hot season. No bugs, no food, no water, no moisture, forest has become an arid wasteland, and no romance in the air.

You can easily take an animal out of it's natural environment, but quite a bit more difficult to take genetic instructions and eons of evolution out of the animal.

Last edited:

WrenchKing

Arachnopeon
Have you checked under the substrate? If the lid is on and not where it can reach it to climb out, then it probably burrowed. My forest scorpion loves to burrow and it spooked me the first time he did it lol. I ended up taking the decor out and, very carefully, used feeding tongs to check and see where he was at the first time he burrowed and didn't come out for several days.
So I'm not sure where he had been but he's in there now lmao. I took out all deco, sifted the soil and couldn't find him anywhere. I put everything back and at about 8pm last night he just showed up

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
If the lid was on then it was burrowed they are proficient burrowers it’s pretty normal behavior!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
So I'm not sure where he had been but he's in there now lmao. I took out all deco, sifted the soil and couldn't find him anywhere. I put everything back and at about 8pm last night he just showed up
If the lid was on then it was burrowed they are proficient burrowers it’s pretty normal behavior!
That was exactly how I got tagged a while back. Wearing flip flops, stepped on a sandy area and wham. Stepped right on it. It was fine and I got off it fast. But not fast enough.
It's not them burrowing now and then. That's where they live; buried. or in dark cracks or crevices, but they prefer in the dirt or detritus.

Last edited:

LadyShia77

Arachnobaron
Yeah, what Smotzer said lol. They are very proficient burrowers.