My Archispirostreptus gigas babies.

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
Okay so I posted this photo on a Facebook group and someone seems to be under the impression that these can't be six month old A. gigas because she has six month old A. gigas and they're still tiny and pink. This got me worried that mine might actually be some native species that found it's way into the substrate. After looking at some google photos I'm pretty reassured that mine are in fact A. gigas babies, I think, but I'm still a little worried. Can someone with more experience please chime in on this? @mickiem maybe? I actually got the adults six months ago, so the babies would have to be a little younger even.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I think they look like AGB's! Can you post a photo with a ruler in it or something for size comparison? I am out all day but when I get in this evening I will post my year old and 6 month babies with a ruler.

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
@mickiem thank you, but I can't find a ruler and I don't think it's necessary anymore anyway. Others have post photos of their A. gigas babies and they look just like mine. I'm not really concerned anymore. Thanks again :)

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Those are legit AGBs. No temperate julid or spirobolid has the antenna or banding of a AGB.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
@Nick H I posted a photo of mine in a new thread and tagged you. I don't think you need to worry; they look just like an AGB to me! [I replied to this yesterday but forgot to hit "post" - so here is my 2 cents]

InvertsandOi

Arachnoknight
They look fine to me. I wonder what that lady had, earthworms?
She posted a photo. They look like Millipedes. They look orangish brownish, kind of like mealworms. She claims they have to be A. gigas. Maybe it has to do with their diet? I don't know. The Facebook group is called Centipede and Millipede Enthusiasts in case anyone is interested.

Pineappleicecube

Arachnopeon
Hello @Nick H
I was wondering if you are selling 1 of your Archispirostreptus gigas babies? I have been looking all over the place to find one over the last month and I came across your post. If so how much would it cost? Thanks so much!

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Hello @Nick H
I was wondering if you are selling 1 of your Archispirostreptus gigas babies? I have been looking all over the place to find one over the last month and I came across your post. If so how much would it cost? Thanks so much!
I remeber somebody in the classfied was selling them, 120 for pair. There was also someone giving them away for free but I think that already ended(There was still couple left when I got there, it's a shame that I couldn't get a pair :banghead: )

Mariamatic

Arachnopeon
Awww so tiny! I'm surprised the babies are so little and white compared to the adults.