My aphonopelma chalcodes doesnt want to eat what should I do?

NotMyBVagans

Arachnopeon
So my Arizona blonde hasn’t taken a meal in about 2 months now. Should I be worried? I offer food but she doesn’t take it. When I first got her she would take down meals like a champ but now just doesn’t bother I don’t know why. I keep her water dish full and I occasionally see her drinking water but that’s it she doesn’t seem lethargic or anything. Anyone have any idea why? Also abdomen looks good and plump.

Attachments

Spiderguy1992

Arachnopeon
My 1.5” A chalcodes has been burrowed since December and hasn’t eaten since and I’m not worried. These are just a painfully slow spider in everything they do.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nothing to ge seriously concerned about they can do this and go on strikes for periods of time. It’s abdomen is nice and plump so as long as it’s still darling water and always have access to water everything should be okay.
You can try like every 10-14days if you want. If not it will be okay.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
This is why tarantulas are unlike any other pet. They have very slow metabolisms, at least the North American ones do. Sometimes they can not eat for six months at a stretch, maybe more. My A. chalcodes has gone about five months without eating and she's fine. As others have said make clean fresh water available at all times and that's the most/best you can do. Otherwise let your spider be a spider. :D

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I have never owned this species. I have read they fast and can go without food for a long time so I wouldn't fuss about it. I would recommend getting about 10 more t's to help with the boredom

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ts get full after eating JUST LIKE HUMANS

They stop eating JUST LIKE HUMANS

They may not eat for months NOT LIKE HUMANS

cassieclover

Arachnopeon
Definitely just let it be:) It's nothing to be concerned about, my Aphonopelma Chalcodes, Brownie, has gone on a couple fasts with me as well. However, the last time she started fasting on me about 3 months ago, I had suspected she may be in premolt and she was! She molted about a month ago now (and I can 90% confirm she is a female) and is now taking food like a champ! I fed her twice last week and she still was constantly in a hunting stance😂 overall, I definitely think everything will be alright. Spiders do their ownnnn thing entirely.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
My A. chalcodes went a year and a half without eating, molted, and started eating a couple of weeks later. Overfeeding this species, as I learned, is sure to lead to a hunger strike. I now feed her one mid-sized red runner roach a week and she's doing fine.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My AF chalcodes went over 8 months without eating, had a 1cm bicoloratum sling go over 5 months without eating.

Just make sure it has water available and try feeding once a month.

NotMyBVagans

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for your feedback sorry I couldn’t respond I contracted Covid lol I’m fine now. She still hasn’t eaten, the rest of my Ts are doing extremely well!!

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
what everyone else said.

Shes extremely plump.

I'd remove the staples on the log.