My AA aint webbing

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Had him or her for over a month its about 4 inches leg span....hasnt webbed yet..very active walks around the walls to his plastic enlosure thats about 5 inches length, 8 inches height..I reckon thats a bit small for him or her but its all i got until the new and bigger one i ordered from the container store gets here..What could be the reason its not webbing, my 2 inch sling practically covered its whole enclosure with web..humidity is at 70%..very condensed....temps are at about 80.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does it have hooks and bulbs? (MM) If so,that is why it is wandering.It is looking for a female.If it IS a female,sometimes they just do not web until they are ready to either molt,or drop a sack.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I dont think its matures yet....plus no sperm web and whatnot...I already have a breeding pair so Im somewhat familiar with their behavior. This ones just seems not to want to web...Eats like a monster though....

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All tarantulas are different. I had three P ornatas and 2 webbed like crazy but one hardly ever even webbed.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is about the same size as yours. It takes a long time for it to web its enclosure. I switched it to a new enclosure a few months ago, and it has barely webbed up its current setup.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Had the same thing happen with my A metallica. It's now been months since she got her new home and she's just now starting to web more heavily.

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Avics around the 4-5 inch or bigger will not web until they are ready to molt.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had avics that didn't web at all, until I got one female that webbed up the top bare corner of her decorated tank, and stayed there until the lights went out at night. Roamed around a little, but always back into her "nest" by morning.

I still haven't seen any of my avics web up at all.