My A. Seemanni sleeping?

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just woke up for school and noticed my little seemanni curled up in the corner. So i prodded it gently to make sure it was ok and it didnt respond. I kept prodding gradually more and more and then BOOM! It jumped up and so did my heart haha... No, i did not prod the living crap out of it either. The temp in the tank dropped to 65 degrees overnight but i was told that was fine. Was it sleeping or daydreaming i dunno?

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have the same problem. i get that behavious every second week when the t comes out of its coconut. its also rubbed off all its hairs on its abdomin.. this is the worst t ive had.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sounds like it was in a slumber and you proded him out of it. No big deal just know that you only need to be conserned when it's legs are curled up underneath it. Other than that, it's fine.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes i to have seen that when my big b/ smithi has her afternoon nap i just let her sleep the lazy cow lol what a life :D {D :razz: {D --- phil

vtecgsr

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes i to have seen that when my big b/ smithi has her afternoon nap i just let her sleep the lazy cow lol what a life :D {D :razz: {D --- phil
Hahaha, thats cool how you put that. Lazy cow tarantula, lol. I honestly didnt know tarantulas slept, or even napped...

NixHexDude

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I seem to remember reading in the t keepers guide that they don't sleep...but I could easily be mistaken.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Can someone clarify? My seemanni has been in that corner ALL day...
To be honest, I don't know what the final verdict is scientifically, but really, far as I know, they don't, and it really seems unnecessary for them. They do nothing, move, do nothing, strike, eat, do nothing for a week..... They also posess very simple brains, it does not seem physically necessary to 'rest' the brain in the form of sleeping.

(Now, to get a more clarified answer, 'sleep' must be defined).

-Sean