My A. Seemanni is a male

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I finally got a good look at the underside of the little guy. I'm pretty sure he's an immature male. I guess I'll have to find him and older woman for when the day comes that he's ready for her. ;)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No I use this method of identification:

http://www.birdspiders.com/faq_sex.html

I been about 90%+ with the pics that people post of the undersides...my A. Seemani has extremely noticable epiandrous fusillae above the epigastric furrow. I'm very confident that its a male. He hasn't molted yet while in my care.

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How about the Pedipalps? Are they kind or bulky at the tips kind of like inverted Bolling Pins? I bet you can always trade a male for a female somewhere.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
How about the Pedipalps? Are they kind or bulky at the tips kind of like inverted Bolling Pins? I bet you can always trade a male for a female somewhere.
He's not mature so the pedipalps don't have boxing gloves yet. I'll keep him....it will give me an excuse to get another one. He only has about a 2" legspan I would rather have females over males since they live longer. I'm sure I'll be able to get a female easily down the road.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping most of my collection are all females although I'm not sure about my Skeleton. Mephisto just might be a He but he's not giving me any good looks at his pedipalps or underside.