My A. Geniculata biting the wire mesh!

cold blood

Staff member
Replace the mesh, problem solved.
Not quite. This doesnt address the main problem here in this thread and that is....

terrestrial tarantula-----arboreal enclosure

Op, you need a whole new set up. Or you need to re do this one by damming the top and laying it on its back so the doors are at the top, this is the only way you can use this enclosure with as terrestrial t safely.

And do yourself a big favor and stop measuring humidity, its irrelevant to keeping tarantulas.

SallyMcTit

Arachnopeon
Not quite. This doesnt address the main problem here in this thread and that is....

Op, you need a whole new set up. Or you need to re do this one by damming the top and laying it on its back so the doors are at the top, this is the only way you can use this enclosure with as terrestrial t safely.

And do yourself a big favor and stop measuring humidity, its irrelevant to keeping tarantulas.

Done everything already. I'm planning on replacing the mesh with perspex and removing the background and then I might put my Neoholothele Incei there when it gets a bit bigger.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
I might put my Neoholothele Incei there when it gets a bit bigger.
incei is also terrestrial....its also a dwarf species, so it will never need such a large enclosure. Great species, I would urge you to get one, they are remarkable little ts.

SallyMcTit

Arachnopeon
incei is also terrestrial....its also a dwarf species, so it will never need such a large enclosure. Great species, I would urge you to get one, they are remarkable little ts.
I already own one, prolific little webber it is. Was planning on filling the enclosure with litter and sticks for it to web up when it's an adult but if you reckon the enclosure is to spacious for it then nvm. Any recommendations on what species would do well in the nano exo terra enclosure after the modifications? Also thanks everyone for help and ideas 😊

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I already own one, prolific little webber it is. Was planning on filling the enclosure with litter and sticks for it to web up when it's an adult but if you reckon the enclosure is to spacious for it then nvm. Any recommendations on what species would do well in the nano exo terra enclosure after the modifications? Also thanks everyone for help and ideas 😊
i suggest an arboreal sp, wouldnt need much modifications other than the mesh.

cold blood

Staff member
Ideally I would just go with an arboreal, like an avic or a Psalmopeous (im partial to cambridgei). But if you really want a terrestrial, and you set it up on its back like that, pretty much any good size terrestrial would work, but I wouldnt go fossorial.

Terrestrials I really like:

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You've officially been told off by Viper lol. You will get alot of flack on this site if you make rookie mistakes like that tho. I'm not one to talk myself as I have also made a few basic errors in my time, so I've been there .
A terrestrial T shouldn't really be spending alot of time on the sides and definitely shouldn't be climbing on the roof either. It's normally a sign something is wrong with the substrate. Perhaps the moisture is off. You shouldn't have any mesh in there either because the tarantula can get caught in it. I would definitely suggest moving it to a different setup. If doesn't have to be expensive. Mine (until just recently) has thrived in a plastic container from homebase with holes drilled in the lid. The substrate has been coco fibre filled about 2 thirds of the container high. I wet down the side of the enclosure once a week alternating sides each time.
Acanthoscurria is a very exciting Tarantula btw. Be prepared for some amazing feeding responses!

Attachments

Last edited: