My A. genic male is coming home!

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, after 2 months, my mature male A. geniculata is coming home. He did not mate with the female at Golden Phoenix Exotica, just didn't seem interested and never made a sperm web. Well, maybe his younger and much meaner brother will be more interested when he matures in a few months.
Anyway, my post is regarding the post-ultimate molt. I'm hoping to keep the strength up on my male so that I can have him for a longer time. Are there any suggestions how to keep him going?
I notice from the other post that there are several that are going strong after a year, so I am definately looking for advice on what you all did right to help them make it.
Thanks!
Ralph

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
He made it!

Got the package about 10:30 this morning. As always, Darrin packaged him very excellently!
Erik appearred no worse for wear, just a little smaller in the abdomen. I'l going to try and get him to eat this evening.
Any additional insights would be appreciated!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rknralf,

No help from this end... I wouldn't ship a male off ever expecting to get him back. Seems Joy is the most experienced with stretching their lifespans, so you'll probably have to wait for her to post.

Botar

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: He made it!

Originally posted by rknralf
Got the package about 10:30 this morning. As always, Darrin packaged him very excellently!
Erik appearred no worse for wear, just a little smaller in the abdomen. I'l going to try and get him to eat this evening.
Any additional insights would be appreciated!
I've read that if you dab the apendages, especially the pedipalps, of mature males with glycerin and keep them humid when they are about to molt, you could possibly get them to survive a post-ultimate molt.