My 4th instar C. Gracilis stuck in her moult!

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It`s been since last night and she still hasn`t managed to get her chela and 2-3 legs out. I keep finding her on her back and i try to lightly pull on it this morning. I thought it would be dead by morning. But sure enough the poor little feller just can`t get out, but is still kicking strong. I`v eraised the humidity to 90-95% and the temp up to 88oF!

Any answers are very appreciated!

Mat

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well its been three days now and she`s still stuck. I tried to pul it off, but its pissed and keeps trying to asting me. I`m afraid if i pull to hard i`m gonna pull of its legs/chela.

Ilight misted him again.
But i think hes gonna be very deformed if he makes it through this. His siblings are much larger and well defined. poor little guy. I just wish i could do something.

Mat

Any Ideas will definately help.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just an idea...
since this poor scorp's fate is sealed, what about trying to remove the remaining skin by using a scissor or a very sharp blade.
Try to remove as more as you can and leave what you cannot remove as it is.

I think its worth a try since 3 days have passed...
Good luck

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well He`s been moved back into a deli cup and was hand fed by yours truly. I peeled of everything i could from his moult. But the poor little guy cant walk or use his pincers. maybey if he eats alot it`ll be ok.

We`ll see

Mat