My 1st T ( errr I mean T's =p )

Seath

Arachnopeon
First off, I would like to thank everyone for their advice a few days ago. I picked up 2 juv. B. smithi yesterday, and just got them setteled in to their new home. And even has small has they are, they are still amazing animals. I only ment to get one, but I figured since I was already there =D . Best to get two so I wouldn't have to drive back there next weekend.

thanks again !
seath

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Congratulations, and best of luck on your new acquisitions!

Joy

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I know how it feels. I first started off with a tarantula I caught myself...and a few weeks later I find myself with two slings. Go figure. It's addictive....almost supernatural. If I didn't have such a fear of getting bit, I'd go for some of the Old World T's. So pretty! =D

-LT

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats, but careful. First you start with a redknee, then you'll move to an arboreal, and next thing you know you are rearranging a room to accomadate your spider collection.:D
Mike

Tupac Shakur

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Welcome!

HEY WELCOME! i started off with an avic, now i am getting 3 B.albopilosum! So addictive!!!! :D =D ;)

James

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Addictive it is...:)

I dont think ive been in this hobby for more than 2 months now, I started with one Cobalt, heres my collection to date:

1 Haplopelma Lividum
2 Cyriopagopus Paganus
1 Chilobrachys Huahini
1 Citharischius Crawshayi

Cant seem to stop seeking new types, they are rare here...almost all the pet shops here have my mobile number and a strict order to call me whenever a new specimen comes in. :D

Cheers!...and welcome aboard ;)

Last edited:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Welcome :)

But if you value your wallet and living space, run now, stay away from the boards!

These boards are passive peer pressure personified.
"Oh, so-and-so really seems to be passionate about their species X, maybe I'll get one of those"
"Hmmm, it seems like EVERYBODY has species Y, I really have to get one, too"
"Compared to some of those nuts, my 24 tarantulas is nothing. Nope, I'm perfectly normal...."

:D

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey

These boards are passive peer pressure personified.
"Oh, so-and-so really seems to be passionate about their species X, maybe I'll get one of those"
"Hmmm, it seems like EVERYBODY has species Y, I really have to get one, too"
"Compared to some of those nuts, my 24 tarantulas is nothing. Nope, I'm perfectly normal...."

:D
That is so true! =D

Congratulations, Seath, and welcome.

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Urk!...just checked the date i got my first T... It would be exactly one month ago tommorow!....and i said two months justnow:?...time does fly...

Well, just emphasizes my point on how addictive this can get :D

Mac

Arachnopeon
I think I'm doing pretty good. It has been almost 4 months since my 1st and I only have a A. albopilosum and an A. avic. I have a C. thorelli sling coming after it's next molt and I plan to get a Chaco Golden Knee soon. (forgot the scientific name :?) Oh and I really like T. blondi's. So so far so good....although I do have my eye on the Starburst baboons...

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Jobe
Well, just emphasizes my point on how addictive this can get :D
Yes. I believe I am at the point where I am mainlining now! Personal degradation, poverty, and recourse to crime in order to support my habit ought to be the next logical steps :D

Joy

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
WHen you say both t's settled in their new home, do you mean you put them together? If so seperate them for sure. Welcome to the hobby!

Mark

Seath

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Bjorgly
WHen you say both t's settled in their new home, do you mean you put them together? If so seperate them for sure. Welcome to the hobby!

Mark
They are both in seperate tanks, even though I think I was way over generous with the space each has. I will more then likly be downsizing their home in the very near future. Seeing how they are both about 2" and living in their own 10 gallon aquarium. I figured since I had the room I would give them a spread they could enjoy. I think they would just has happy in the deli cup I got them in :rolleyes: . I think I will end up going out and getting a pair of 5 gallon aquariums, and move them in to those. Which means more then likly I will need something for the bigger tanks that will be empty ;P

seath

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
see, you already have a problem, and you are going about solving it the right way ;)
Now, you'll have 2 10 gallon tanks that would be SUCH A SHAME to stay empty :D
To justify owning them, you'll have to put something in them, see how this works?!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I'm not doing tooo bad.

6 weeks, 6 tarantulas. That's Normal, right?

Bill

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I used to use 10 gallon aquariums, then I moved to petpals, then to plastic shoe boxes, and now back to aquariums. I just ordered a big shelf unit to put them on. I like the way they display, but I have to many to put them all in aquariums. Maybe if the bed goes...there's an idea.:)

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
"Which means more then likly I will need something for the bigger tanks that will be empty"

heheheh that my friend is exactly where i started. ive been in the hobby for a year exactly, and have progressed to the point where im getting at least 1 new T a month. hey at least its not crack...;P

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive been in the hobby for a year and i have 16 tarantulas,ive had species come and go(sold,traded off,one or two that died).Of course,the majority of them are spiderlings or juveniles,and i will be needing alot of room in the future for them:) im sure that i will keep getting more and more and more t's as time goes on.hopefully ill be aloud to keep them when i go to college,if not ill have to sell some and keep just a few and hide them in my closet or something:)
Tom

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ah yes, empty tank syndrome. Truly a hideous affliction because without massive doses of that rare drug, selfcontrol, it only grows worse as time moves on.

You start the hobby with a few slings and a juvenile. Then, one day they've grown up into small-KKs, those empty vials and mini-KKs look so lonely. So, you pick up some new slings to refill them and for no discernable reason you feel the compulsion to get an extra sling or three. After only a short while, your initial kids have grown into larger KKs, the most recent slings have moved into their old haunts, but because you got more, you need more homes. And the cycle continues on and on and on...