MY 1st T EMERGENCY

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ok so I'm sitting here talking to my brother about my new Ts. And I look over and see my new rosea hanging and twirlling from 1 leg from the top of the martymade cube. So I threw my phone so fast my battery flew across the room, got to her and as soon as my finger touched the cage she fell. :((. She just got shipped in today to before she had an hour car ride home. She's in a different enclosure now 1 that doesn't have a screen for a lid. She's curled up in the corner rite now but I think shell be fine in a day or two.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When you say curled up, do you mean death curl? Is it's legs curled up under it or scrunched up against it?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the T is alive & fine.. How is it an emergency? The title to this thread is miss-leading.. Might use better wording next time..

I dont have any screen lids on my enclosures due to this.. I have read so many horror stories of a T hanging from its leg.. Its not worth the risk IMO..

Anyways.. Glad to hear your girl is OK! :)

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
She fell onto ecodirt about about 8 inches and she's about 3 to 4 inches in size and no not a death curl its more like a u can't see me curl. She was moving fine in my hands when I moved her and didn't and still don't see any leakage from anywhere.
Sorry for the wording of the tittle I noticed that too after I seen it posted.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Add more substrate. If the Ts legs can touch the top, then the back legs should be touching the substrate. Fill it up and you won't have to worry.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
defiantly not an "emergency" also she shouldn't be able to fall since you SHOULD have the substrate almost to the top of the enclosure....

Rule of thumb. make sure there is only enough space from the substrate to the top of the tank to equal 1 1/2 the times there leg span. so on a 4 inch T that would be 6 inches of room from sub to top of enclosure.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Eco earth is soft. If here legs are working fine and she isnt leaking fluid then no worries. Next time you have an "emergency" dont bother us. ;) Now apologize to your T for the improper housing. {D

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
She's in a acrylic container now that measures L-24 inches W-15. H-8 with about 3 inches of dirt. No screens holes drilled on top in the shape of a spider.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Next time you have an "emergency" dont bother us. ;)
I would ignore this ^ comment.. It was rather rude & uncalled for.. Joking or not...

Rule of thumb. make sure there is only enough space from the substrate to the top of the tank to equal 1 1/2 the times there leg span. so on a 4 inch T that would be 6 inches of room from sub to top of enclosure.
Listen to this ^ comment.. It will or could save your T's life if it were to get hung upside down again...& fall..

As stated.. If its not bleeding or in a death curl then she will...or should be...OK... :)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
:rolleyes:
We're here to help and to get help.
Ok. now your taking me out of context. You forgot the ;). Does nobody look on the comedic side of things? Ill remember not to joke around one bit because nobody can handle it.. My apologies if i offended anyone. It was not intended to be a joke at you Redneck either. I was mearly having a little fun with the new guy. These threads are sort of repetetive and i was playing the stereo typical responce in a sarcastic manner. Again, i didnt mean to break anyones heart. ;P

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh come on, It was all in good fun. Nothing was meant by it. Relax Tommy. {D
I am relaxed.. ;)
Ok. now your taking me out of context. You forgot the ;). Does nobody look on the comedic side of things? Ill remember not to joke around one bit because nobody can handle it.. My apologies if i offended anyone. It was not intended to be a joke at you Redneck either. I was mearly having a little fun with the new guy. These threads are sort of repetetive and i was playing the stereo typical responce in a sarcastic manner. Again, i didnt mean to break anyones heart. ;P
Nor do I have a broken heart.. ;)

I never comment on sarcastic remarks towards anyone.. I say people should have thicker skin while playing a part in an online community such as this one... I didnt honestly take it bad.. I promise!

Maybe I am being a bit touchy.. :? Eh..

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This a bit late, but I found a solution for keeping non-chewers safe from screen tops. I fit construction paper that I had accordion folded to about 1" wide and holepunched up one side,turned around (not over) and punched down the other. I unfold it and tape it to the inside of the screen top. I have witnessed my G. rosea attempt to climb around, and she gives up and climbs down because she just grips onto the paper and doesn't like it.

Not recommeded for the chewers, however. Works great in a pinch and i use it permanently with no problems.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
sorry to switch the topic to me but i have just bought a exo terra that has the opening front doors and the opening screen top its for an arboreal so im think she will be fine?first screen top tank i have had for my tarantulas and im kinda worryed about her now

p.s im getting a p.irmina :) redneck made me do it!! :}