My 18 year old C rosea stuck in molt, when is a good time to intervene?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is the stuck leg still attached to the rest of the molt?
If so you might remove it so only the stuck leg is left. Don't detach the leg but remove any of the rest of the old molt. She'll still likely drop the leg but it might be easier for her without being attached to an old molt.

Good luck, I hope she pulls through.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Is the stuck leg still attached to the rest of the molt?
If so you might remove it so only the stuck leg is left. Don't detach the leg but remove any of the rest of the old molt. She'll still likely drop the leg but it might be easier for her without being attached to an old molt.

Good luck, I hope she pulls through.
+1 I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say anything and be wrong haha. It would at least provide more mobility for easier detachment

Jezsticles

Arachnopeon
+1 I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say anything and be wrong haha. It would at least provide more mobility for easier detachment
Yeh it is still stuck to the molt, will try to remove as much as i can, most of is in pieces anyway..

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
With only a single leg stuck, I'd be more concerned that the T is still on its back after 4 days. Tarantulas can right themselves even with a couple of legs stuck.
And, it could be a lighting thing, but the abdomen looks awful wet in the photos, suggestive of a wet molt. That would contribute to the weakness and inability to flip right side up.
Doesn't look good.

Jezsticles

Arachnopeon
With only a single leg stuck, I'd be more concerned that the T is still on its back after 4 days. Tarantulas can right themselves even with a couple of legs stuck.
And, it could be a lighting thing, but the abdomen looks awful wet in the photos, suggestive of a wet molt. That would contribute to the weakness and inability to flip right side up.
Doesn't look good.
I think it's because she started her molt with her back end on the edge of her water dish..

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it's because she started her molt with her back end on the edge of her water dish..
A healthy spider's cuticle repels water. Even after being submerged, the exoskeleton will remain dry. In a wet molt, the exo is saturated with molting fluid and/or hemolymph. Means something went awry in the molting process. Very few spiders survive a wet molt.

Jezsticles

Arachnopeon
She's managed to get herself upright now, she's dropped her first left leg, but her old molt is still attached somwhere, she still has plenty of energy which i'm hoping is a good sign, I'm just hoping she manages to drink when she needs too. there may have been a little wetness on her abdomen at first but her carapace was dry that bit came off cleanly inside and out..