Mutant centipede?

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello everyone,

I do not post here very often...

I was wondering if this is a common thing or just an odd difformity.

I presume these are the venom fangs, on one side it has only one as it is usual and on the other side, it has three?:? Thought it looked kind of weird.

Any comments?

Martin

Attachments

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats crazy...i vote Mutant.never seen anything like that before.
what species is that?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, pretty cool. what species is it? if you can try to breed it and see how the plings will turn out.
jason

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, let me know which one it is, i want to see it in person!!!! I'd call that a mutant!!!!

phil.

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that is some crazy stuff. I have never seen a mutation like that in any arthropod save for maybe fruit flies, which is usually done by humans on purpose. I wonder if both are functionally venemous? It definitely makes him look meaner than the average Scolopendrid:evil:

Last edited:

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
recommendation from someone else...could be like a scorpion with two tails...bad @$$ but maybe a molt issue or something similiar...but definetly groovy

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is Quebec the land of Mutants lol? First Cedrik with his OBT sling and now you with a centipede lol. :D

Mega

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, it's amzaing
do you own the pede?
Please post more picture

Carlos.e

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could you post more photos of the centipede?
It would be interesting to study if the three fangs had venom.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is awesome. I wonder if all three inject venom. Can you post some more pictures, from different angels.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's interesting! I think it's just regeneration gone a little wild, probably from previous injury, just my guess. I've seen it with pede legs, snake fangs and lizard tails.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Trev, do not forget I also have 2 C. elegans mutants!;P

Yes, the centipede is at our place and ours, I will try to get some pictures eventually, he is completly nut. I noticed that yesterday because he escaped on us and when I caught it back, I was able to observe him, if not I would have never known. For the moment, I am taking a break from him! LOL I am used to deal with Ts which is a piece of cake, but I have to admit I am absolutly not at ease with these guys!

Phil, you can come and "visit" him whenever!

Take care

Martin

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
we could get cacoseraph to let it bite him to see if they all work lol

gunks

Arachnopeon
and since its a mutant maybe cacoseraph will get super centipede powers a la spiderman.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have a centipede that has a trifurcation on one of it's legs that looks somewhat similar to that. i assumed it was a anomolous regeneration.

you have to remember that centipede "fangs" are in fact adapted legs, so they probably have enhanced regeneration capabilities :D

awesome pede, btw.