Must-have Aphonopelma species?

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
Hello, AB. Once again, I come to you for species suggestions.

I do not own any Aphonopelma species, which I'd like to change. I'd like to add at least a few within the next year or so. I know that this is a huge genus, so I'm having a hard time whittling it down to the ones that I'd like. I don't care about color so much, so that makes the whittling harder. Price is the limiting factor, as is true for many, I'm sure.

Right now, I have A. bicoloratum and A. burica. The only down sides to these guys are price (for the former) and availability (for the latter). So, I would like some other suggestions for ones that I may be overlooking or dismissing.

So, AB, what Aphonopelma species do you consider to be must-haves? Thanks for looking!

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Agree with gabeli, they're sassy. Unfortunately there aren't many CB specimens, there were some floating around recently though.

Slings of this genus are usually pretty cheap except for bicoloratum and moderatum. You'll be retired by the time they mature though.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t own but the dwarfs like the ones in the A. paloma group are neat, build little turrets , and anecdotally have a little more feistiness to them. But they have a short window of activity.

basin79

ArachnoGod
*edit had to massively lower the size of the file to post so you won't be able to zoom in.

Just got some pics of my lass in her new frock.

Aphonopelma chalcodes

2B2280DC-985D-43AA-9773-9BB89CDDD684.jpeg

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
chalcodes.
Gotta have a chalcodes! Life is nicer with a latte with legs 😍

*edit had to massively lower the size of the file to post so you won't be able to zoom in.

Just got some pics of my lass in her new frock.

Aphonopelma chalcodes

View attachment 380882
God's children.
I would share a pic of mine but the quality would be embarrassing in comparison to this 😂

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
There are so many species I could recommend:

best looking Aphonopelma: gabeli (Mine is on the defensive side)

most underrated: hentzi

most interesting behavior: vorhiesi