Music and T's???

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I listen to rock(metallica, slipknot, Black sabbath, ACDC etc...) And I heard that T's use vibes in the ground to see/hear... And i am dieing to listen to some ozzy in my own room... But I also dont want to cause stress in the little homes...... What can I do?

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have exactly the same prob.
But since now I haven't pinned down anything particular about her behaviour when I listen to loud music...
If you are so concearned I guess you could move her to another room.........

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to have all my tarantulas on one side of my desk hutch, and listened to music regularily (on my computer) without any noticable change/effect on their behaviour. I have since moved them to their own room. As long as they're not right on the speaker, and its not for prolonged periods of time, I don't think there would be a real problem. Try it, and watch what they do - observe and adjust accordingly. :)

Rav

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've listened to loud bumping house music in the same room as my Ts for a long time now and never noticed a difference from when they weren't in here.

just don't keep them real close to a bass source....

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
My Roseas cage is right next to my CD player and my speakers and sometimes I do play loud music....but I dont think she feels it. I imagine that perhaps her thick layer of subtrate absorbs the vibrations. Could I be right about this ?:?

Nathan Danger

Arachnopeon
My A. avicularia likes my old band...so i think avicularia avicularias have good taste in music.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My spiders haven't been too affected by music...I play the trumpet, and have for almost 9 years now, and none of my spiders have done anything weird during my practice sessions. I can be fairly loud.

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I used to have one of my T's right on top of my computer desk and i have never had a problem.. but i moved them across the room now and i have not seen a differance in them . but that is a very good quiestion and i think the only one that could answer that would be the T...... =D

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RIght now I am blaring a HInt Hint CD on my loud computer speakers and my Usumbara, G Rosea and L parahybana are all right beside one of the speakers and they never seem to care.

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks.... I wanted to make sure thats all............... Well, aerosmith is on my computer right now... And they dont seem(key word there, seem) to have any problems

Nathan Danger

Arachnopeon
hint hint's "sex is everything" is amazing....tracks 3 and 6 are my favorite!!!! i'm going to see them on the 15th with pretty girls make graves!!!! yay!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree that Sex Is Everything is a great EP. I cant wait till Sound Virus releases their new full length. It should be awesome. I heard they are doing a split 7 inch with the Red Light STing which would be brilliant. I also saw them with Pretty GIrls Make Graves and Les Savy Fav on January 3 of this year. It was awesome.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's probably something that may depend on the individual T. I have personally seen some T's that obviously stressed over the vibration from my speakers and others that didn't seem to care.
I would guess that certain w/c T's may be more sensative to the disturbance as well. Especially keep an eye on species that are already difficult to acclimate like w/c Asian T's for instance.

Hampton, the best way to tell is to simply observe your own T under those conditions. Your T might not run in a blazing panic but signs of stress (even some minor stress) are usually pretty obvious.

Another obvious point is that the louder or more intense the vibration is, the more likely the T will stress.

Hope that helps Hampton. :)

Atrax

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Maybe the rumbling bass of the speakers are similar to thunder, so in a way we are giving them a mock thunderstorm when we play our music loud?;)

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good Point!

Originally posted by jezzy607
Maybe the rumbling bass of the speakers are similar to thunder, so in a way we are giving them a mock thunderstorm when we play our music loud?;)

If you love to ROCK out loudly often you may want to consider collecting T's primarily from the rainforest.=D

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive had to give up my 5150 (which is £1000 for the head alone, i got head+cab for £600 though) for the last month so it wont scare my lividum mother with the egg...

by the way the 5150 is the mother of all guitar amps, van halens custom design :>

i listen to a lot of metal aswell, but my spiders are 'insulated' from the vibrations a lot, with polystyerene (aswell as to withhold the heat) and where they are placed

i really dont think your spider will mind

Last edited:

FuzzyBritches

Arachnopeon
I don't know what my Chilean Rose, Ellie Mae, thinks about heavy metal ;) , but she does seem to like Bach. Not long ago, her critter keeper was on the desk while I was nearby on my piano playing Bach's Goldberg Variations, and hubby was watching her reaction to the music.

He says Ellie Mae slowly and leisurely groomed herself while I was playing, and stopped when I wasn't. =D