Mushroom in enclosure.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hi guys, been a while since I've been on here. Hope you're all well.
I've just fed my N incei sling and found a mushroom in the enclosure.
IMG_20210921_162414.jpg
You can see it in the bottom left.
I know obviously at some point it's got too moist at some point. The white carpet like fungi over the substrate has been there for a while but doesn't raise any concerns with me. I'm a bit more concerned about the large mushroom though.
What are your thoughts? Take it out or leave it? Is it going to be harmful to the Tarantula?
Thanks in advance.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The mushroom isn't gonna harm the tarantula (I get them pop up in some of my enclosures), pick it out if you want put you'll probably get more pop up sooner or later.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
One time, I saw my Chilobrachys electric blue picking the emerged mushroom and took it out from it’s burrow and left it outside.

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
I had that exact thing happen Sunday. I stood there looking at the webbing thinking "What in the hell?", "Oh, mushroom. Cool." LOL.

And he has plenty of ventilation so that's not always the issue. It's live soil, it happens.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
And he has plenty of ventilation so that's not always the issue.
Yeah, all of the enclosures I've had mushrooms pop up in have more than enough ventilation, drying the sub out doesn't kill off the mycelium either, it just goes dormant until you add moisture again.

It's live soil, it happens.
Basically all substrates contain some amount of decaying plant material so you can't really avoid giving fungi a food source.