Mushroom ID

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
These are in my backyard, I wasn't going to say what I think they are but going to do it anyway, they look like Parasol mushrooms to me. Think they something else?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
These are in my backyard, I wasn't going to say what I think they are but going to do it anyway, they look like Parasol mushrooms to me. Think they something else?

You had better do some microscopic work and get a spore sprint if you want an ID, those have dozens of possible IDs

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a guide, doesn't compare to experience though. I'm going to eat them, if I die, I'll know better next time:rolleyes:. No, no plans on that, the stems don't quite fit Parasols, but maybe. Too risky though. I did find some Giant Puffballs in my yard, those are good!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
You can simplify quite a bit. Just take spore patterns which help a lot in identification. The spore patterns of known edibles in some books has essentially eliminated the hazards, only listing obviously unique patterns.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I'd need to do that and even look at spores under a strong microscope to make sure, too risky otherwise.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
A spore print will confirm if it's the green-spored parasol (Chlorophyllum molybdites), but judging by your location, the scales on the cap, and the general shape, I'm pretty certain it is. Dont eat it. It wont kill you, but the gastric distress might make you wish it had. Pretty nonetheless.

Thanks,
--Matt