Multiple roaches in one colony

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Could I mix regular green banana roaches, giant banana roaches and porcelain roaches in a 32 quart bin? It has substrate and that there are springtails, isopods and bumblebee millipedes that will be in it.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Generally it's a really bad idea to house two species in the same genus together, since you can create hybrids that way, which are highly frowned upon in the hobby. However, I'm pretty sure I've heard that P.nivea and whatever the giants are can't hybridize, so you should be good on that front. :)

However I still don't like housing multiple species together, because after a while it's likely that one species may outcompete the other, it may take a long time to happen but it's very likely you'll end up with just the P.nivea after a while. Plus it'll be a nightmare if you ever want to separate the two Panchlora species... Short term though it would be fine to house them together, they won't attack each other or anything.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the info! I was asking this due to how I have to decide between giant banana roaches or regular ones for feeding an orchid mantis.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks for the info! I was asking this due to how I have to decide between giant banana roaches or regular ones for feeding an orchid mantis.
No problem, happy to help! :) BTW, I'd go with the P.nivea for the orchid mantis, as they are smaller and the adults are highly attractive as feeders, the giants might be too big and intimidating for the mantids, at least as adults.