Multiple feedings

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Instead of feeding my T ( 2.5 inch GBB ) 3 crickets a week, I was thinking of feeding it every other day ( 3 one week, 4 the next ) Does it make a difference if the feedings are spaced out ? Could this be bad for my T ?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Instead of feeding my T ( 2.5 inch GBB ) 3 crickets a week, I was thinking of feeding it every other day ( 3 one week, 4 the next ) Does it make a difference if the feedings are spaced out ? Could this be bad for my T ?
i feed my GBB's this way and ive had no problems at all.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well if you go evey other day then that would also be power feeding. Which would not be good as it will molt faster and also mature faster.(End it's life faster) If that is what you wish then by all means do it. If that is not what your looking for and for you it is an easy way out of feeding it, then I would suggest just the once a week 3 to 4 crickets. It is better for the T. Really it is. And besides it might not eat evey other day after awhile and you would stress it out more by having all the extra prey running around. It might just kill the prey and not eat it. Then you have other problems to have to deal with. Hey up to you, but you do want what is best for your animal. Just my opion on the matter.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Could this be bad for my T ?
It's not bad for your T, but it's usually more convenient for the owner to only have to buy crickets once a week and feed them all then. Do you raise your own or something? Cause otherwise, yeah, it just sounds like a pain for you but I guess you could do it. :?

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well if you go evey other day then that would also be power feeding. Which would not be good as it will molt faster and also mature faster.(End it's life faster) If that is what you wish then by all means do it. If that is not what your looking for and for you it is an easy way out of feeding it, then I would suggest just the once a week 3 to 4 crickets. It is better for the T. Really it is. And besides it might not eat evey other day after awhile and you would stress it out more by having all the extra prey running around. It might just kill the prey and not eat it. Then you have other problems to have to deal with. Hey up to you, but you do want what is best for your animal. Just my opion on the matter.
i dont understand how spacing it out over the week is power feeding. if its eating the same number of crickets just spread out over the whole week wouldnt it be the exact opposite? instead of letting the spider gorge itself all on one day, you are spreading it out over the course of a week. either way its consuming the same amount of food.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just feed my Ts once a week (this includes slings). i just see no need in rushing growth and shortening the lifespan. that's my own personal opinion.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
If you've got the kind of time to do it, go for it...... As you get more T's though, you're going to want something a little easier for you.... I don't think the T cares one way, or the other.....
3-4 crickets every week will make most T's fat though.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What would be ideal ?
I feed our larger T's 1 maybe 2 large crickets a week. Slings I feed 1-2 quarters a week. It's not healthy to feed your T's 3-4 a week IMO. You don't want your T growing up too fast on you.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have raised many many spiders like that in the past. Even if it does shorten their lifespan like many here claim, it wont make that much difference. Besides, when they mature, you cant powerfeed. They will stop feeding when they have had enough

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I feed our larger T's 1 maybe 2 large crickets a week. QUOTE]

That means I'll have to buy another 5 T's since crickets only come in dozens... :)

Just the excuse I was looking for to tell my girlfriend !!!!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As a side note : that's 3 med sized crickets. The large ones chirp and drive me bonkers