Moving the mother scorpion with the babies?

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My emperor scorpion gave birth about 2-3 months ago. The little scorplings (9) have been doing great, the mother has been making burrows for the babies and theyve all been eating fine. The problem is they're in much too small of an enclosure.

I have a 10 gallon tank set up for the mother now, and a large 30 gallon set up for all the babies. The only problem is they're all doing so great together. I dont want to break them up because they seem to been helping eachother out.

Should I move them all together into the large tank? Should I leave them in the small tank for a few more months? Or should I just move the babies in one tank and the mother in another like I planned.

Thanks.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think this falls under judgement call.

Personally, I would move them all to the larger tank.

If I did this though, I would check on them regularly for a couple days at least, and do a head count.

The stress of moving could cause weird behaviors, especially in the mom.

But it really should be fine. Just check in on them to make sure.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd be carefull if you plan on rehousing everyone together. Right now the babies are the mother's babies that havn't left home. If you rehouse them they might become strangers in her new home.

John

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What do you think about this John?

For the move, OP could lay a tupperware container in the current tank, corral them all into it. I would put the slings in first, then mom. Then move them all together. I'm think that mom might be more aware that they
were all moving.

I would think that would help at least....