Moving soon

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone. I am moving soon so I would like to know the best way to transport my sling. The problem is that its been underground for 2 months and i don't want his burrow to cave in during the move. Also I know i shouldnt dig him up. What do i do.

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
How far are you moving?

If it's not too far I'd just take out anything that could shift (water dish) and place it in a secure place in the car.

If it's a long ways I'd dig it up and pack it like I was shipping the T.

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Im moving about 15 minutes from where I live now
Then do this.
If it's not too far I'd just take out anything that could shift (water dish) and place it in a secure place in the car.

Then you don't need to ship it :) it can ride with you in your car.
You really wouldn't need to ship it either way. If it's a long trip you're better off packing it up safely like you would when you ship a T in the mail. It's less likely to get hurt that way.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Ok thanks guys i was just worried about the tunnel caving in. So ill take out the water dis

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Ok thanks guys i was just worried about the tunnel caving in. So ill take out the water dis
Usually if it's only earth collapsing onto your sling there is a good chance nothing will happen to him and he will just dig himself out. However I would try to avoid it anyways. Your enclosure looks quite small so you could pack it into a styrofoam box. This would secure it from bumping around and from temperature drops. Also I have no idea about the weather in Michigan but if it's winter you should use a heatpack.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I
Usually if it's only earth collapsing onto your sling there is a good chance nothing will happen to him and he will just dig himself out. However I would try to avoid it anyways. Your enclosure looks quite small so you could pack it into a styrofoam box. This would secure it from bumping around and from temperature drops. Also I have no idea about the weather in Michigan but if it's winter you should use a heatpack.
Its winter alright. Its about 25 degrees out, or about -3 for anyone outside tge states. If i put the enclosure in a Styrofoam box i wont be driving long enough for it to cool down.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I

Its winter alright. Its about 25 degrees out, or about -3 for anyone outside tge states. If i put the enclosure in a Styrofoam box i wont be driving long enough for it to cool down.
I would heat up the car before I put it in. If you take it from the warm house to the warm car inside a styrofoam box there shouldn't be any problems.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
If it's really that cold then you could always just put a dampened wash cloth in a zip lock bag and microwave it until it's warm . Then put it in the box with your enclosures . It will act like a heat pack that should stay warm for the fifteen minute drive . Don't nuke the baggie until it's hot just until it's warm . You don't want to cook your slings .

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Just warm up the car wrap them in a towel to keep the wind off on the way to the car. I bought home 6 Ts from a show in my warm car in vials with no extra heat packing doing just this. You don't want to shake them up and unless your car's heater is junk you should be fine.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I wanted to let you guys know that the move went great for me and mt T's. My GBB seems to be wandering around a bit more and i think its in premolt because it hasn't eaten in a few weeks. slso i think my B. Smithi may be deciding to emerge from its burrow. Its been doing some digging.

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
I wanted to let you guys know that the move went great for me and mt T's. My GBB seems to be wandering around a bit more and i think its in premolt because it hasn't eaten in a few weeks. slso i think my B. Smithi may be deciding to emerge from its burrow. Its been doing some digging.
Glad to hear the move went well. I'm from Michigan too. These winters are crazy sometimes. I got my 1st T a couple weeks back and all I did was tuck her into my coat on the walk to my car and then into the house. She did fine.