Moving by car with a scorpion

HugoBoss

Arachnopeon
Hallo :) We are moving in a couple of months, and we will be bringing our very loved asian forest scorpion with us.
Im pretty new to the whole scorpion keeping thing (had him for 6 months, so Im still not very confident in what Im doing lol), and dont want to make any deadly mistakes!

How do we make it as little stressful for him as possible ? Should we move him to a smaller enclosure or just keep him in his big one with a hide? It will be a car trip, about 6 hours, up and down some bumpy mountains. Could he get crushed?? He is already a bad eater and I dont want to stress him out too much :( thank you for answers !

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The problem is not the car trip in general (more than once I moved my T's that way, and nothing never happened) nor a six hour drive, but the "up and down some bumpy mountains" part.
My advice is to pack and protect the scorpion, just like when you ship/receive one.

jc55

Arachnoknight
I have done 24 hour cars rides with my tarantulas and never had an issue.Do not keep them in direct sunlight and make sure the enclosure is safe and secure so it will no fall or get bounced around and you should be fine.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I think to be extra safe i would put it in a small styrofoam container lined with slightly moistened scrunched up paper towel. it will be protected from any bumps as well as from heat.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I agree with chris, if youre going over bumpy terrain, id pack him like you would to ship him. There are guides or videos on how to do that somewhere around here. Also, your idea of a "bad eater" in captivity is probably the norm in the wild. They dont have constant access to prey in nature, and therefore have adapted to not need to eat as often.

rock

Arachnoknight
It should be fine in its enclosure. Just pull out anything that could fall and crush it. Direct sunlight without environmental control could be fatal. Try to limit the time spent in the vehicle and I imagine everything will turn out fine