Movie question: "Jungle to Jungle"

baf236

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm new to the arachnoboards and had a silly question for my first post.

Did anybody see the movie "Jungle to Jungle" and if so what kind of tarantula did the boy have for a pet?

Ben

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm new to the arachnoboards and had a silly question for my first post.

Did anybody see the movie "Jungle to Jungle" and if so what kind of tarantula did the boy have for a pet?

Ben

I've seen it. I think it was a Brachypelma species.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i remember that movie,the spider they used looked very much like a leblondi.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ugh! Tim Allen annoys the crap out of me. Maybe not. {D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heh, I may have to rent it and see. I think I remember the yellow and red bands. I thought the movie was ok.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
when i think about it, i think it was a g. aureostriatum. but i havent watched that in a good while so im probably wrong. i know it was a larger species.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if I remember right the use several spiders and even used robots I watch the making of that movie they used T.blondi's mostly I may be wrong but if you can find a clip from a show called movie magic the did a whole thing on the spiders in the movie.

baf236

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for your responses!

I saw the movie just recently and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Brachypelma sp.

Part of the comedy of the movie was it seemed to be aware of people and their moods. The T started running toward people somewhat aggressively if they were arguing and then when they would quiet down the T would pause and then go back to where he was. Actually this was my favorite part of the move.

Oh, and the T seemed to be very fast, large but sleek in build, and pretty ornate and colorful.

Thanks again for your responses. Maybe it was the G. aureostriata. Or maybe it was just a robot.

Ben

Last edited:

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will never forget the extremely fake looking robotic tarantula used in the 1950s version of King Solomons Mines. The rest of the film was great!

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wasn't that one a G. rosea? It's been a long time since I've seen it.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just watched the movie It is a T. blondi. but on the movie cover they picture a B. smithi.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If thats the one with Tim Allen, then its a Theraphosa spp. most likely Theraphosa blondi.

baf236

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks

Yes, that is the one with Tim Allen. Thanks for all your responses to my post! The next time I see "Jungle to Jungle" now I'll pay more attention also.

Ben