Mover and shaker

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm wanting to get a new T, and i'm looking for something that is a real builder. Something that will move the substrate around, or have a burrow with several enterances, or etc.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
I'm wanting to get a new T, and i'm looking for something that is a real builder. Something that will move the substrate around, or have a burrow with several enterances, or etc.
haha, my C. crawshayi REALLY completely redecorated her home... still a sling, but the potting soil looks nothing like when i first put her in her new cage. and she's done that with 2 big cages now. little spidey, moves ALL of the soil. all of it. {D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My earth movers would be the A. hentzi, B. vagans, P. cancerides and my T. pruriens.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
My earth movers would be the A. hentzi, B. vagans, P. cancerides and my T. pruriens.
hmmm, i would have to agree with them also. (them being B. vagans, and P. cancerides) my B. vagans moved quite a bit of soil. built herself a sorta-den like spot deep in the soil, with a mound on top!!:D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Peruvian Green Velvet I believe. It's a little defensive but very nice looking with a green/gold look on the carapace.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my little Grammostola aureostriata ( chaco golden stripe/knee ) is always moving it's stuff around .

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my little Grammostola aureostriata ( chaco golden stripe/knee ) is always moving it's stuff around .

Mine does too ! Plus they get big, are docile, and really cheap ! Always a good purchase if you ask me !

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you want something that moves dirt, burrows, and has lots of tunnels then I would suggest H. incei. They are a dwarf species and can be kind of fast so you have to take care in transfers and maintenance.

My C. fimbriatus also makes nice tunnels and also webs above ground.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. Gigas. Mine has burrowed a lot. I think if I gave her a bigger tank and deeper substrate she would never stop.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you want something that moves dirt, burrows, and has lots of tunnels then I would suggest H. incei. They are a dwarf species and can be kind of fast so you have to take care in transfers and maintenance.
I second this! They are beautiful metallic olive green, and make amazing web/soil structures! Mine has seven different burrows in it's tiny hex tank. Plus, they are so small when they mature that you will have room for more later! :)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My recently acquired E. murinus (skeleton t) has been doing a lot of earth moving. Also, it settled in very quickly. She's been in her new home less than a week and is digging and moving stuff around like crazy. In contrast, my sub-adult H. lividum (cobalt) has been housed for about 3 weeks and has not yet begun digging at all.

I'd reccomend E. murinus to anybody ready for a somewhat feisty, speedy terrestrial. They're pretty active and fun to watch. I hear that although they burrow deep, they do come out to play regularly.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dig my incei too. He/she hasn't done much earth moving after digging the initial burrow but is webbing all over everything. "kind of fast"? HA! mine could run laps around an OBT with three cricket in it's palps!

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Count me in on that as well, my sling does the same thing. no matter how hard I try to pack a little is moved already within a few minutes...{D