Mouse spider 😁

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
We are pleased to add our new mouse spider to our family. I saved it from my cat 4 nights ago and it's now been named Tamatoa after the crab on moana because he so shiny lol 20210417_213316.jpg
Since Tamatoa has happily took a cricket and seems to be settling. This is the only decent pic I got so far even if it is through the enclosure side. We have no idea if it's m/f but either way we're happy to have him even if it's only for a short while. (if he is male we will let him go again to do his thing) Welcome to the family Tamatoa 😊

Ah Lee

Arachnosquire
That enclosure looks comfy! Are those real plants in there?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
No just dried moss and corkbark that I got in a jungle decor kit 😊 n ty Tamatoa seems to be happy in it πŸ˜€(if spiders get happy lol)

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
You found one. That's awesome! 😁
I suspect mine is female so if yours does end up male then feel free to send it down this way to do his thing 😜

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Yes I did was very surprised when I took it off Earl (my cat) I thought he had a Tegeneria lol n np I will but not sure if he is m/f yet πŸ˜…

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Lmao those makes our uk ones look like a woodlouse πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ ahh we get nout like that here I am very jealous πŸ˜… nice looking spiders though loving the red on yours, and the other is so chunky n looks a might cross lol they are amazing are they hard to keep? I have only ever seen pics on Google so no idea with temperament care etc is. I didn't even know you could get them in the hobby.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Lmao those makes our uk ones look like a woodlouse πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ ahh we get nout like that here I am very jealous πŸ˜… nice looking spiders though loving the red on yours, and the other is so chunky n looks a might cross lol they are amazing are they hard to keep? I have only ever seen pics on Google so no idea with temperament care etc is. I didn't even know you could get them in the hobby.
I was just joking around haha, all mouse spiders are true ones lol. Actinopodidae are actually dead easy to keep, but getting them in the first place can be a bit tricky. Breeding is also a bit awkward. If you're just keeping a female though, they behave pretty much like a lazy trapdoor that attacks things in slow motion

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I was just joking around haha, all mouse spiders are true ones lol. Actinopodidae are actually dead easy to keep, but getting them in the first place can be a bit tricky. Breeding is also a bit awkward. If you're just keeping a female though, they behave pretty much like a lazy trapdoor that attacks things in slow motion
Yer definitely not a breeder lol just an enthusiast . Really their slow? Ours are fast little things that attack stuff with speed and gusto 😊 really cool species though wherever they're from ☺

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Yer definitely not a breeder lol just an enthusiast . Really their slow? Ours are fast little things that attack stuff with speed and gusto 😊 really cool species though wherever they're from ☺
Mine are Aussie (I can get all our thousands of native primitive spiders, but no exotics due to import laws), and yes they are so chonky that they just aren't very fast or agile, so they tend to awkwardly bumble around or throw an enraged anger fit when outside the burrow

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
A bad tempered girl then a spider I can relate with hahaha , but joking aside looks to be a very cool spider and you may not be able to import what the rest of the world gets but your species are unique and no one in the world except yous can have your cool and beautiful species 😊 Thank you for sharing them with us 😊

Cecelias lair

Arachnosquire
Glad it's not just me that have found these mouse spiders a little fiesty lol!
Any time I try to move mine he/she will attack anything I touch it with then try to run off. Lol But I have found them generally easy a lot of the time. Most of the time he/she will stand their ground when I'm taking the lid off or doing something in the enclosure. Generally a very good spider.