mouse issue

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So i just fed a live mouse for the first time to my goliath. Dumb idea. The problem is, suprisingly he doesnt look hungry. I want to take the mouse out now but will be be covered in urcirating hairs? If so, will the hairs kill the mouse? Please help.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the spider didnt take it you better get it out, urticating hairs or not. Mouse could kill the spider before hairs kill mouse. Hopefully you learned a cool little lesson

Andy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I doubt the mouse will die..unless you kill it to prevent it from all the unnecessary suffering it is probably going through

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never done this so i cant recommend it or say don't do it at all..but if you are going to do something like this don't feed your T for like two - three weeks so this will gaurentee that he is hungry and will go for it...sometimes the best time to do this is after a molt and the T is 100% ( remember I said 100%) recovered from its molt because it will be really hungry especially if it stopped eating two months or more before its molt.

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I got the mousy out. It's one of my babies that I use as pets and use as the occasional food for pets. He seems ok for now. My rationale was that since he molted about 8 days ago, he'd be fine by now and hungry as ever, for he hasn't eaten in a while. I guess I was wrong.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you have a blondi big enough to eat a mouse, 8 days is not enough time after the molt. Also they can be a little weaker after a molt so feeding a live mouse can be dangerous. If you must feed a live mouse (which is never the case), feed it a little fuzzy.