Mourning...

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last night around 12:30, I pronounced my female Usambara dead. Poor gal, I knew here for only 2 months....

She moulted last Wednesday and everything looked fantastic... alas, it was not to be.

<sniff>

<sniff>

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Why God?! WHY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

-LCDXX (dealing with it the best he can)

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by LCDXX
Last night around 12:30, I pronounced my female Usambara dead. Poor gal, I knew here for only 2 months....

She moulted last Wednesday and everything looked fantastic... alas, it was not to be.

<sniff>

<sniff>

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Why God?! WHY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

-LCDXX (dealing with it the best he can)
I'm sorry to hear it. It really sucks to lose a critter. I don't think one can possibly get used to it. Of course, you know the best solution to ease the pain is to acquire another critter! Good luck to you. :)

Wysi

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry bout the T. Maybe you can get another soon, it does ease the pain. I lost a P. ornata not too long ago to a fungal problem, I think I got some bad crix or something cuz I am intense about cleaning my enclosures. Things just happen. Hang in there.
dale

LCDXX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She was maybe 3 inches, though I hadn't had but a couple of months... Wednesday's molt was her first in my care. I've done a lot examining on her and I can't tell what exactly may have caused it... no mold, no lesions, no abnormal disfigurement from the molt.

Between Wednesday evening and late Friday something must've gone wrong... by the time I found her late Saturday she was death-curled and her opithasoma had an obvious reduction in size and a noticeable shrivel from dehydration. Since I've had her, she's been holed-up in her hide and sealed it with webbing... I happened to find her post-molt while I was peiring in with a flashlight (a daily routine when I come home from work).

It's a partitioned tank that houses my A. seemani next door - she's now 4" and doing wonderful; eats like a horse, and frequently entertains. I've removed the substrate (peat/vermiculite) in the whole thing and replaced with new... scrubbed the tank and now I'm starting over... found out earlier this week that a local shop has a 1.5" Usambara for $24.99. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

<sniff>

-LCDXX

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
did you send in your dead T to see why it died? (to the Research Institute for Exotic Species Microbiology, i mean)