Moulting problem?

violet1997

Arachnopeon
Good afternoon everyone. I appreciate the time you take to read my post. I have a 4 year old Eupalaestrus campestratus also known as pink zebra beauty currently in a moulting period as I noticed that the back of the abdomen has gotten darker over the past week. I woke up this morning and noticed that her shell (sorry for the incorrect terminology) seems to be loosening (see attached image) and I was wondering if this is cause for concern or normal. Her peat is always damp on one corner and she had a water dish that is always filled up and she was eating normally up until around the time her abdomen darkened. She doesn’t seem to be making efforts to prep the peat for moulting or anything like that and I am a bit stressed about it. If it isn’t normal, could anyone advise if there is anything I can do to help or would it just be better to leave her alone to let her do her thing. I really appreciate anyone getting back to me as I am so so worried about her 🙏🥺

Attachments

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
I don't see anything abnormal. If the exoskeleton were to rupture you would most likely see fluid leaking out. Apart from laying down a moult mat right before moulting if at all, the preparations are all internal to the spider. The only thing you can do is wait, maintain substrate moisture for that species and keep the water dish full.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
just let it do its thing( nothing you can really do about it anyways) if/when you see it on its back leave it alone

Last edited:

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Nothing looks wrong IMO, just keep filling up the water dish and let her do her thing. This is a slow growing sp, so it might be un premolt for a long time before actually molting.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
If it’s getting ready to molt there is nothing to do anyway, just make sure substrate and water dish are good and sit back and wait.