Moulting frequency?

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My P. murinus appears to have moulted very quicky again after a previous moult. It was about 3" after a moult about 2 months ago, it hardly ate. And now when I peek into it's burrow it appears another shed skin is in there. I have yet to see more than front legs hanging out of burrow, so I cannot verify size at this time.

It has not lost any legs to regenerate. The only change was enclosure a few months ago.

I knew these grew fast, but I expected moult frequency to decrease as it got bigger.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My P. murinus appears to have moulted very quicky again after a previous moult. It was about 3" after a moult about 2 months ago, it hardly ate. And now when I peek into it's burrow it appears another shed skin is in there. I have yet to see more than front legs hanging out of burrow, so I cannot verify size at this time.

It has not lost any legs to regenerate. The only change was enclosure a few months ago.

I knew these grew fast, but I expected moult frequency to decrease as it got bigger.
it does decrease as they get bigger. a number of factors could have pushed it into a molt. temperature, how much you fed it, etc. etc. or...it could have just felt like a new "change of clothes"

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I guess it wanted a new suit. As all other factors were constant (temp., humidity, etc.)

Just found it odd for it to moult this quickly, after eating maybe a half dozen crickets since previous moult.