1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Moult and rehousing

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Elaine, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Elaine

Elaine Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    My L. para ate 2 crickets yesterday and then moulted today. Took me totally by surprise lol.

[​IMG]

I also rehoused my 5 A. versi's. They moulted out at 1.5 inches so decided to give them bigger homes. I only got a pic of 1 as they were being a bit of a nightmare to get in :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Also rehoused my 2 A. sp "Amazonica's" although only 1 of the 2 has moulted. The second one isnt ready to pop yet.

[​IMG]

the one that hasnt moulted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of random pics
    A. sp
    [​IMG]

G. iheringi
    [​IMG]

T. apophysis
    [​IMG]

2. Truff135

Truff135 Arachnoprince

Your kids look great! I love how the little apophysis still has his little pink booties on. I still am stunned at the versi slings, they are so gorgeous!!! The amazonica is looking brighter, too! :clap:

3. Elaine

Elaine Arachnosquire

Thanks Alexis :) The versi's were a real bundle of fun to rehouse. Trying to corral them was a nightmare lol. All great fun though.

Elaine x

4. The_Thunderer

The_Thunderer Arachnobaron

LOL. I had trouble with ONE! It is about .75 inches long and as soon as I opened its enclosure, it "skittled" out and onto my arm and just kept coming. LOL. Luckily, I still had the lid for the enclosure in my hand and got it to walk onto that. This was the first time I had seen the "Avic. speed". Impressive!

As always, your T's look lovely, Elaine! Very lovely!!! :D

5. Elaine

Elaine Arachnosquire

Thanks Fred :D

Yip the avics were fun and fast lol. Thankfully, we rehoused them one at a time. :razz:

Elaine xx

6. Wow, looks good Elaine! I think you have some very nice looking T's.:D I just had some versicolors molt, too, and while I was rehousing one a week later, it actually BIT the paintbrush, TWICE!!!! Took me by total surprise :eek: Here's hoping none of your avics get courageous!

7. Elaine

Elaine Arachnosquire

Thanks mate :)

Congratulations on your versi moults. They are funny little sods. I'm ROFL at yours biting the brush lol. We only got a threat display which was so funny to see.

Elaine x

8. desertdweller

desertdweller Arachnoprince

Beautiful T's and pics, Elaine! What fun. Quick question: On your G iheringi what is that on the abdomen that looks like a scab or something??

9. SNAFU

SNAFU Arachnobaron

Awesome pics-simply stunning! I can't believe your L. Parahybana ate & then molted just like that...Mine quit eating a week ago & got the shiny black booty & I checked on her today & shazam-she was on her back!
    Here she is after I came in from work, I missed it all! Thankfully she had a good molt & came out with all her parts intact!
    [​IMG]
    Great pics & a beautiful selection of T's Elaine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.