Moths and Terrestrials

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Has anyone had any success feeding moths to terrestrial Ts? I've have very good success with them in the past for some avics. And I'm about to start raising them to keep some for my Trinidad Chevron.

I read a site that claimed that good food for the moth pupae and moth is a mixture of honey and bran. How about honey and cricket food?

Big Dragonfly

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

every tarantula i have owned absolutly loved moths, my regalis would eat them like their going out of style, i have feed moths to terredstials also they really seem to love em and get pretty fat off them---JEFF

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Moths are a big favorite with my ts. I often let waxworms pupate, then use the moths as feeders. The terrestrials don't seem to have too many problems catching them.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a bunch of curly hiars that devour moths by the dozen on a nightly basis.

annex

Arachnopeon
ok... i'm sure this is a newb question.. but. yeah.. how do the terrestrials catch em? lol

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by annex
ok... i'm sure this is a newb question.. but. yeah.. how do the terrestrials catch em? lol
Has to land sooner or later.. The aboreals I'm told can jump and catch them mid air though.

Bill

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
..Are you referring to Greater wax moths (Galleria mellonella) or Lesser wax moths(Achroia grisella) ?