Mother experience

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hear about how first time mothers are not as good as experienced mothers. Why is that?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is true in all forms of life. Humans as well. The answer is simple, experience.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mina pretty much nailed it and you pretty much answered your own question; experience is it.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A lot of people here argue that tarantulas have no capacity for memory. How would they describe it? How is it possible? (this question is mainly aimed for them)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A lot of people here argue that tarantulas have no capacity for memory. How would they describe it? How is it possible? (this question is mainly aimed for them)
I'm not sure if they don't have any memmory at all. I just wouldn't call it memmory....

I'm pretty sure it deals with insticts as well.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
How would they describe it? How is it possible? (this question is mainly aimed for them)
I don't think your question truly got answered.

Here's the deal, an experienced/successful mother, does not mean she has the memory to do it right the next time. Actually, it means she's biologically a better mother, and better capable of doing her job then her peers.

One female may not protect her eggs well, another may not web the sack thoroughly, one may abandon them, another eat them. But ones that do it right, means they have the right biological 'programming' and should it right the next time too. An 'untested' or 'new' mother is hit-or-miss.

Its not about memory, its about who has the better instinct.

-Sean

Last edited: