Most visible Psamlopeous species

dman13760

Arachnosquire
For those keepers that have kept many different species of this genus, have you noticed that some tend to be out more than others? I haven't personally kept a psamlopeous, but have heard that irminia and victori are quite secretive. Just curious what others experiences have been!

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
I'm experienced with Psalmopoeus cambridgei, pulcher, irminia and reduncus. Psalmopoeus cambridgei is by far the most visible out of those 4 species. I see my reduncus and irminia females the least.

Yigzatoth

Arachnopeon
My Cambridgei is always around, very easy to see. Irmina and reduncus are somewhat shy but I can see them usually every day (sometime more than once a day). Pulcher and ecclesiasticus are ghosts I rarely see them, both are slings thou.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've kept cambridgei (x2), irminia, ecclesiasticus, langenbucheri, victori (x3), and pulcher (x3).

Most visible - irminia & pulcher.
Least visible - cambridgei.

Everything else is somewhere in between.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
I only keep the p.cam but I quarantee that if I went home from work and went into my room it would be chilling on its cork bark not a care in the world and if I touch or open lid it just sits there.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
So I shouldn’t be worried if I haven’t seen my Psalmopoeus irminia in a little while?
I wouldn't stress too much about it, I've read and heard that they can be super reclusive, and like to burrow, I get a glimpse of my cambridgei's little feet every now and again, but he's still just a little guy.