Most vicious eater

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oddly enough my tiny MM California Ebony/Aphonopelma eutylenum. He is WC, an absolute sweetheart (one of my only handable T's) but when you throw a cricket in there he will teleport and sometimes hits the cricket so hard he flips over. His fangs are so tiny that the adult female crickets I feed him can often give him the slip so he will do this over and over again until he is finally able to kill it. I should try to get a video of it. Best of all he is over 8 months mature :?

If I had to choose a second it would be the P. Smithi. Not only does that spider seem to eat it's own bodyweight every meal, she is always on the prowel and chases down anything that moves. No amount of light, sound or cage movenemt will phase her. All she thinks about is food.

My Avicularia Azuraklaasi is number three. She chewes her food over and over before she eats it. When I feed her dubia it sounds like she is eating potato chips

kristinnandbenn

Arachnopeon
I would have to say it depends on how they attack it,

My 1" C. fasciatum won't let anything get within 2 inches of it's burrow, and it will chase crickets across it's enclosure.

My 2" P. murinus eats straight out of the tongs.

My 3/4" A. metallica I can't even describe, insta-death to anything I drop in it's cage

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For sheer violence, I'd have to say my P. cambridgei. She leaps and crashes into things going after crickets. She also pulls their heads off when I'm pushing them through her feeding vents, she doesn't wait for them to come all the way through.

My H. schmidti is also a powerhouse.

A new contender, who used to be a slowstarter, is my L. sp. Borneo black. She launches out of her burrow and lands on the crickets as soon as they do something silly like move. She hits 'em hard enough they drop their jumping legs {D

axbrown

Arachnopeon
Mine is either the avic avic or my two aphonopelma sp. T's. The avic avic is really good at getting it first try, but my New Rivers look like they Body slam the HELL out of those crickets lol. Pretty vicious eaters :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Chromatopelma do a bit of overkill with their crickets. You can hear a loud crunch and it looks like they're almost biting it more than once.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most vicious feeders

It's tough. Let's see... A Genic, P Phormictopus, N Chromatus, B Vagans... A Genic's are getting lots of love! Can't say that I disagree. Ok, I'll try to narrow it down tp just 2... My Haiitian Brown, And all handfull of my Brazilian Blak & Whites.

synyster

Arachnobaron
To be vicious, i'd have to say either my L.Parahybana or C.Lamanai. They destroy with much intensity anything that enters. Runner up because of its laser fast striking would be my C.Cyaneopubescens. I have fun dropping prey at the other end of it's enclosure and see the lightning fast kill. Third place with honorable mentions would be my H.mac juvi's.

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
My GBB, H crassipes, a geniculata, c darlingi, and even my b smithi lately have been demolishing anything i put in there!

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. smithi, A. geniculata and especially A. versicolor are feroucious eters, they eat when they want, whatever they want. My A. versicolor is so fat I was afraid she would blow up like a bomb. :eek:

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens or any of my pokies with my metallica leading the way and ornata close behind.