Most sought after tarantula

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I was looking at mr collection today and I love all of my tarantulas. but I was wondering in everybody else opinion and market wise. what is the most sought after tarantula and most expensive in the hobby today

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Probably the ones listed in the other 50 threads that deal with this topic :)

But anyway, I would say Poecliotheria smithi or True Theraphosa blondi.

I have seen offers up to a thousand dollars for an adult female True T.blondi on some boards, and the P.smithi goes for around 500-600 dollars for an female.

Poecilotheria metallica still pulls its weight at $200 a sling.

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd also have to add in M. balfouri to that list and many of those Xenesthis spp. tend to be quite pricey, rare, and desired as well.

Just thought of Encyocratella olivacea and Phormingochilus everetti as well

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I have a true T.blondi female juvie I got as a sling for 60 euros, a pair of subadult M.balfouri for 300 dollars (female was 225) and getting a pair of 4th molt P.metallica for 60 dollars each tomorrow so these ones are accessible in Switzerland and not for an arm and a leg.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
P.metallicas are much easier to come by in the uk. Over sea in general. Blondies aren't that expensive as sling either. But the price on the metallicas I would love a sling here is about 200 usd

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
most sought after..

im going to say whichever you do not have at the moment.. and i seen a metallica sling for 400 at a LPS recently

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was looking at mr collection today and I love all of my tarantulas. but I was wondering in everybody else opinion and market wise. what is the most sought after tarantula and most expensive in the hobby today
There are plenty of species in this hobby many people never has heard of so your question is hard to answer.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Probably the ones listed in the other 50 threads that deal with this topic :)

But anyway, I would say Poecliotheria smithi or True Theraphosa blondi.

I have seen offers up to a thousand dollars for an adult female True T.blondi on some boards, and the P.smithi goes for around 500-600 dollars for an female.

Poecilotheria metallica still pulls its weight at $200 a sling.
In europe you can shop those prices in half =) Theraphosa blondi slings goes for around 30euros and adult females aprox 130-150 euros and X. immanis slings for about 20euros and about 80-90 euros for an adult female.