Most ridiculous thing you've been asked about your Ts?

louise f

Arachnoangel
Here`s the most crazy i ever heard.
Do they bite? Me: of course they can bite, but not a necessary task for them. :astonished::vamp:
Can you keep them all in one enclosure... Me: Nooo are you crazy or unless you want to end up with just one T. :punch::banghead:

I have heard a lot more than that. But let`s just hold there. :D

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
"Are they de-fanged?"
"Do they show you any affection?"
"Do you keep them all in one tank?"
"Are they venomous/poisonous?"

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Got another one.

"Why do you like ugly brown spiders?"
I like to then show them P. striata, B. emilia, and C. fimbriatus

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
"Why do you have them?"

I only hate this question because EVERYONE asks it, as if I need a reason other than "Umm.... because I like them?"

Why do you have that house plant? Why did you paint your walls blue? Why do I need a reason that you approve of?
I don't think they need to approve your answer. They're just curious as to why you have them :/

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Got another one.

"Why do you like ugly brown spiders?"
I like to then show them P. striata, B. emilia, and C. fimbriatus
Some girl asked me that once so I just showed her a pic of my juvie A. versicolor and she was like "Aww, that's actually kinda cute" haha.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Things here are different. When Italia was a great nation, a Kingdom and not a waiter D(i)emocracy puppet republic like this one since decades, people were more intelligents ("incredible"... they didn't even had a made in China smartphone) and someone like T. Thorell was here in Genova city for study arachnids at the Doria museum with Giacomo Doria. The museum and that passion still lives today, however.

After, ignorance managed to take the upper hand, but stupid and annoying questions leaved their empty place to fear. Do you want to know how to scare the 'poop' out of 300, tired from work, persons in a train in one moment? Like I did, in 1992, full of (harmless) T's and scorpions, coming home. All of a sudden everyone disappeared. No stupid questions :-s

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
"What would happen if you put them all in the same cage?"

Why, they'd throw a tea party of course!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
1 on 1 battles is what seems to be the first thing to come to most peoples minds lol

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I toilet trained my Avic.

Actually, I just put a miniature toilet in the spot she always poops.

tarantula tea party
Well to be fair, i kinda potty trained my avics too. They poo rite where i hoped an where its easy to clean w/out disturbing them. This is because i build the enclosures as best i can so they web where i want.
So i guess i can start telling ppl i can potty train SOME T's but not all lmao

boina

Lady of the mites
This is a great thread! I had so much fun reading. I've heard a lot of the questions, though.

My answer to the "do you keep them all together?" question is generally: No, because two spiders in one box equal one very fat spider.

And my friends elderly and slightly senile mother spent nearly a whole evening berating me for keeping my Ts in these small boxes and not giving them more space. She was unconsolable that I didn't want to buy bigger enclosures.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Won't they all make babies and then what will you do with millions of spiders?!

My friend asked me if she could get a tarantula that she could cuddle with

My mom won't stop talking about how they need to be outside in nature not stuck in a box without sun. She legit said they needed vitamin D and then she proceeded to tell me they're going to get pimples if they don't go outside. Trust me I've tried to explain everything to her hundreds of times :banghead:

How do you all answer the "they should be in nature not stuck in a box" question?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
How do you all answer the "they should be in nature not stuck in a box" question?
They are free from predators, parasites, and other natural dangers. They get all the food they want. They are as comfortable in an enclosure as they would be in a natural burrow if it's set up right. And there are plenty out in nature...most don't survive from sling to adult, which is why they have hundreds of babies at once.

You could argue that all animals should be out in nature and we shouldn't have any pets at all. But people enjoy them, so here we are.