Most ridiculous thing you've been asked about your Ts?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It really shouldn't, but hearing people call spiders poisonous makes me physically cringe. Like, no. No spider is poisonous. They're venomous. You can drink straight snake venom and be perfectly fine! Why? Because it's venom for Christ sake.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I get all twitchy when people ask "is it defanged?" And "so, you want to be single forever?"

They have fangs... I am not single...

petkokc

Arachnosquire
In Croatia we don't have separate words for poison and venom, both are called "otrov", so no one here messes that up but everyone will always first ask something in lines "but they are not venomous?". After I explain to that that ever tarantula is venomous, the question that follows is always "so which one is the most venomous?" XD

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
the did you know something something questions when someone thinks there an expert because they know the difference between insects and arachnids. I also think the question how do you tell them apart ridiculous when I'm doing an event at the park. I would understand if it was the kids asking the question but more often then not its the parents and I tell them that this one is brown and this ones blue.

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
"Do you keep them all together in one big tank?"

Not as bad as some here but... :rolleyes:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Not even gonna tiptoe around here. If someone asks that, they are actually legitimately a special kind of stupid.
I know! It's a pretty easy problem to solve. I just explain that they each have their own enclosures just like we humans have our own living spaces so we don't eat each other. :banghead:

Abyss

Arachnoknight
"Will they attack you"
"Are they friendly"
"Do they like to he petted"
"Can you teach them tricks"
"Will they cuddle with you"

The list really is endless.....

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
"How do you sleep with all those spiders in your house"

The answer: Not well, my kitty likes to sleep on my face.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Them: "What a weird hobby!"

Me: "What's your hobby? Oh, that's interesting. How much money does that make you? Because I make a part time salary with my hobby."

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Here we have the same word for venom and poison as well (strup)and it always goes like this
''are they venomous?'' and after saying that they all have venom: ''but it has been removed right?''
''do they all live together?''
and my absolutely favorite: ''you can't have 30 spiders! just like how people can't have 30 dogs!''

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
The best is when people try to point out how dangerous they are.

No documented cases of any human death from a tarantula. Now, google "killed by dog." No one seems to think twice about keeping a massive 100+ pound carnivore that has been responsible for LOTS of human deaths?

Probably every other house in America has a dog, including me. Just sayin';)

clive 82

Arachnoknight
"Why do you have them?"

I only hate this question because EVERYONE asks it, as if I need a reason other than "Umm.... because I like them?"

Why do you have that house plant? Why did you paint your walls blue? Why do I need a reason that you approve of?
I always fire back to this question with "why do you keep fish or cats, dogs whatever it may be.