[Inquiry] Most reliable tarantula seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traume

Arachnopeon
Hello,

Recently, I've been doing research on purchasing a good beginner tarantula. My current top picks are a Honduran curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum) [preferably] or a desert blonde (Aphonopelma chalcodes) [a close second, could def. settle for one]. I've been checking out a few sellers for these two. I can't reliably find proof that local pet stores offer these two breeds, so I've resorted to look through the wild world of online sellers. I'm checking out the closest seller. Looking for a seller that is preferably well known, respected, trustworthy, honest, reliable, and not a drain on the ol' wallet. :') Thanks. I'd love to hear some of your personal experiences. Until next time...

x.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
There are many reliable sellers out there. and usually if you search the AB reviews section you can find a review page on just about anywhere that sells Ts.

A couple side notes. Many of the chain petstores sell juvie-adult B. albopilosum (curly hair tarantula) but in my experience they i believe they are all WC of the ‘nicuragua’ variety not the honduran.

Also, Pretty much any good seller will offer a LAG on overnight shipping, and MANY sellers will offer LAG on shipping up to 3 days. A well packaged tarantula will survive quite a while in a shipping box. If i am not mistaken, shipping in Europe is routinely close to a week, and brown boxers often post that they got their stuff after a couple weeks and some survived (I AM NOT PROMOTING BROWN BOXING!! i am simply using it as a reassuring example)

Personally, i have not ordered from swifts or any of the other ‘big name vendors’. Fearnot, Jaimies, swifts, Net-bug, Pincers and pokies, etc, except for my GF bought me a gift from palp friction. I usually try to buy direct from breeders or import pre-order because i can get the best prices (and i usally try to buy 5-10x and sell half). I have had very few bad experiences with ordering in this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.