Most messed up Genus?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What do you mean we dont have a clue ? Ask anybody .

Haplopelma
and Brachypelma are two of the pretty straight forward ones in my eyes TBH

Well apart from all Brachypelma being in fact re-described as Euathlus.... Or vise versa.....

Last edited:

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
uh huh, yeah.

Well as mentioned previously, it would be easier to sit here and name genus' that aren't as messed up, with Lasiodora I was stating one of the genus' that I personally think is fairly messed up, of course there are other genus' that are messed up and my choice for picking Lasiodora was based on the fact that so many of the species in that group are not even known of, and so many of the ones to have been re-described into other genus' have been spread into such a vast array of totally different genus, again its a personal belief.
TBH you last two guys to post don't have a clue......
so let me get this straight ... you have the right to a personal opinion but no one else does? charming.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Well apart from all Brachypelma being in fact re-described as Euathlus.... Or vise versa.....
Or vice versa? I thought you said Brachypelma is pretty straightforward. ;) Brachypelma wasn't redescribed as Euathlus, and Euathlus wasn't redescribed as Brachypelma either.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Or vice versa? I thought you said Brachypelma is pretty straightforward. ;) Brachypelma wasn't redescribed as Euathlus, and Euathlus wasn't redescribed as Brachypelma either.
I thought it was?

Gen. Brachypelma Simon, 1891 [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidergen:00200]

N.B.: removed from the synonymy of Euathlus Ausserer, 1875 by Schmidt, 1992a: 10; considered a senior synonym of Brachypelmides Schmidt & Krause, 1994b: 7, type Brachypelmides klaasi Schmidt & Krause, 1994 by Smith, 1995: 159; Schmidt (1997d, 1998f) did not accept that synonymy, but failed to present evidence that the species he would place in Brachypelmides represent the sister group of the remaining species of Brachypelma (or of some other group entirely).

Also on reading through the genus Brachypelma on WSC it shows names such as

Euathlus e. Baxter, 1993: 72, f. 19-20 (f). (B.emilia)
Euathlus s. Baxter, 1993: 73, f. 17-18, pl. A, f. 1-6 (mf). (B.smithi)

I had also read something about it in the Tarantula keepers guide V2??

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I thought it was?

Gen. Brachypelma Simon, 1891 [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidergen:00200]

N.B.: removed from the synonymy of Euathlus Ausserer, 1875 by Schmidt, 1992a: 10; considered a senior synonym of Brachypelmides Schmidt & Krause, 1994b: 7, type Brachypelmides klaasi Schmidt & Krause, 1994 by Smith, 1995: 159; Schmidt (1997d, 1998f) did not accept that synonymy, but failed to present evidence that the species he would place in Brachypelmides represent the sister group of the remaining species of Brachypelma (or of some other group entirely).

Also on reading through the genus Brachypelma on WSC it shows names such as

Euathlus e. Baxter, 1993: 72, f. 19-20 (f). (B.emilia)
Euathlus s. Baxter, 1993: 73, f. 17-18, pl. A, f. 1-6 (mf). (B.smithi)

I had also read something about it in the Tarantula keepers guide V2??
Nowhere there it says Brachypelma was redescribed as Euathlus. Synonymy is a different thing. Brachypelma used to be a junior synonym of Euathlus.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nowhere there it says Brachypelma was redescribed as Euathlus. Synonymy is a different thing. Brachypelma used to be a junior synonym of Euathlus.
Ohh, thanks for clearing that up for me :)