Most interesting scorpion

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That'd be great @woodie, thanks!

I found some more info on T. asthenes: https://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/t_asthenes_biography.pdf
It doesn't seem like a sting is lethal.

@NMWAPBT, interesting. 03 Arachnids prices are usually way out of my price range, but I may have to pay more attention to what they are importing. Did they have anything else that was interesting?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
They had a bunch of Ts it was a huge list. I wanted the centruroides limbatus really really bad that were offered up for import but like i said I didnt have the money unfortunately. Also lychas mucronatus a few microtityus some androctonus and parabuthus. They had a villosus natural hybrid looked really cool but wasn't my thing really. A few tityus species I do believe smithi and clathratus and E. Neradi off the top of my head the list was huge. There was a minimum order plus a larger but reasonable shipping fee. Definitely next time I'm getting in on it. Really wanted those limbatus lol. I would have definitely jumped if they were offering some jacksoni though lbvs.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Tityus asthenes is a nonlethal medically significant scorpion. Super cool species and not defensive at all (you can tail them with your fingers no problem though you shouldn't)

akazaran

Arachnopeon
I think a scorpion specie is considered "medically significant" if it is proven to have caused at least one death. I might be wrong though...

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Trimeresurus malabaricus, for instance, is considered medically significant although it has never caused any deaths. Many nonlethal snakes are medically significant, I'd assume the same should go for scorpions

woodie

Arachnosquire
Might be hard for you to come across them but these guys do it for me. They inhabit coastal sand dunes right down to the water line, living along side ghost crabs, in bigger enclosures they will run down crickets in the blink of an eye, quite often catching them mid air.
They are savage breeders, even to a point where males will break females claws, I will be pairing mine up this week maybe.
It's like a scorpion that wishes that they were a crab and honestly, who doesn't love a beach themed enclosure?
Urodacus Novahollandae- Coastal dune scorpion.
View attachment 320134
Love Urodacus species, But in U.S. never really see them available. Mark Newton's work on aussie scorpions is nice as well. One day need to visit my gamily there again and make some time to view some in the wild

woodie

Arachnosquire
I really love the look of colorful communal species all hanging out together, such as Tityus and Centruroides.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Maybe try Hottentotta jayakari or franzwerneri. Communal, colorful and terrestrial, So not as good at climbing and escaping as Tityus and Centruroides species in my experience. However still fairly hot species

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@woodie, those species are communal? I thought Hottentotta sp. would attack each other when kept together. Man, this hobby is so addictive :D!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

woodie

Arachnosquire
@woodie, those species are communal? I thought Hottentotta sp. would attack each other when kept together. Man, this hobby is so addictive :D!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Yeah, most Hottentotta are communal especially as adults if fed enough, Even seen adult Parabuthus transvaalicus kept communally

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah hottentotta franzwerneri are communal. I believe they're even found in the wild hanging around in small groups.

snarf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is it still difficult/expensive to get parabuthus villosus in the US?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I have kept adult H.hottentotta, "H.trilineatus", and H.judaicus communal in the past before not in a mixed species community of course.

Is H.tamulus.sindicus communal?